The Student Room Group

Opinions on Jack Wills Clothing

Is it a 'good' brand and good quality ?
Thinking about buying a hoodie from there.
Garbage
Original post by adam_2198
Is it a 'good' brand and good quality ?
Thinking about buying a hoodie from there.

Go to Primark and buy 5 hoodies for the same price.
Reply 3
I'd only buy stuff on sale, then it seems worth its price.
Reply 4
Original post by Cubone-r
Go to Primark and buy 5 hoodies for the same price.

Don't do this.
Original post by usualsuspects
Don't do this.

Why not?
Reply 6
Why not?

Don't shop there unless the alternative is going around naked due to budget constraint.
Don't shop there unless the alternative is going around naked due to budget constraint.

Why not? Instead of paying £60 for a shirt, you pay £7 in Primark for exactly the same product.
Reply 8
Why not? Instead of paying £60 for a shirt, you pay £7 in Primark for exactly the same product.

It's not exactly the same product. It's low quality stuff for people who are very poor (nothing wrong) or poor and oblivious to style, appearance and dressing well.
It's not exactly the same product. It's low quality stuff for people who are very poor (nothing wrong) or poor and oblivious to style, appearance and dressing well.

So... Clothing for people who aren't narcissistic *****?

You do realise, it's the same seven-year old Indonesian child making all of those clothes, they just get shipped to different stores with different price tags on them. You can get Gym clothes in Primark for 3/4s of the price normally because they haven't got a little "tick" on it or a logo.

You'd surprised by how many "high quality" products are actually lesser in quality than their cheaper alternatives. I know I'd rather save money on clothes (and still look like everyone else) than spend £300 lol.
Reply 11
Original post by Kandiman
So... Clothing for people who aren't narcissistic *****?

You might say so. Truth is that, apart from enjoying the sight of your reflection, appearing well also influences the way people interact with you and is something you should care about unless your life and persona is as unkept as your appearance.

You do realise, it's the same seven-year old Indonesian child making all of those clothes, they just get shipped to different stores with different price tags on them. You can get Gym clothes in Primark for 3/4s of the price normally because they haven't got a little "tick" on it or a logo.

You'd surprised by how many "high quality" products are actually lesser in quality than their cheaper alternatives. I know I'd rather save money on clothes (and still look like everyone else) than spend £300 lol.

There is nothing good about looking like everyone else. There is a difference in quality and design and the threads are different too.
It's a bit 2013 lol
You might say so. Truth is that, apart from enjoying the sight of your reflection, appearing well also influences the way people interact with you and is something you should care about unless your life and persona is as unkept as your appearance.

There is nothing good about looking like everyone else. There is a difference in quality and design and the threads are different too.

You should watch "Shop Well For Less" on BBC, they take all these expensive products and whatnot and scientifically test them for durability etc and they are always found out to be worse than the cheaper alternatives.

What I mean, is that you can still look presentable. I've always shopped at Primark and it has not stopped from doing anything that I have wanted to do and I save a tonne of money that I can spend on more useful things, like my flat ya know, lol :P
Jack Wills brings all the rahs to the yard and they're like put it on Daddy's card.
Original post by Quantex
Jack Wills brings all the rahs to the yard and they're like put it on Daddy's card.

:toofunny:
It's good quality and the style is a combination of British heritage and youth. I think jack wills clothes are great - prefer them slightly more in the winter seasons I don't know why. They do tartan really well, and wool cable knits etc.

As far as summer goes hollister wins for me. Beach vibes all the way.

Quick Reply

Latest