The Student Room Group

AS egzams

Helio, I have a question, if I have 4 subjects and I fail one in my AS and I'm droping that subject next year, can I go to year 13 still and not retake the egzam?
Reply 1
Original post by Agne Karaliute
Helio, I have a question, if I have 4 subjects and I fail one in my AS and I'm droping that subject next year, can I go to year 13 still and not retake the egzam?

Hi, there. You only need 3 A Levels for university as a minimum but with the new reforms in place, you need to check with your teacher/school whether you can drop one when you go into Year 13. Hope this helps. :smile: ^CoffeeAndPolitics
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Hi, there. You only need 3 A Levels for university as a minimum but with the new reforms in place, you need to check with your teacher/school whether you can drop one when you go into Year 13. Hope this helps. :smile: ^CoffeeAndPolitics

Original post by Agne Karaliute

AS levels are freestanding these days, so they still count on the tariff system, but schools can choose to do AS's or not, and so dropping to three A levels depends on individual schools and their policies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
AS levels are freestanding these days, so they still count on the tariff system, but schools can choose to do AS's or not, and so dropping to three A levels depends on individual schools and their policies.

In 2017 Maths was still modular ...
Original post by Muttley79
In 2017 Maths was still modular ...

Maths is in the process of linearisation for 2019 exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Maths is in the process of linearisation for 2019 exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I know [I teach maths!] but what you posted was incorrect.

Quick Reply

Latest