The Student Room Group

How much more attractive are guys who have athletic/muscular bodies?

Scroll to see replies

Theres many things that subconsciously makes us attracted to the alpha male. Demeanour is one of the main one (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_attraction). Confidence in demanour is one thing all alpha males in the animal kingdom possess (Lions, Gorillas) which implies mental strength and thus implies a better protector/provider. Of course we don't live in the wild, but we've evolved and we still have the primal mindset of wild animals. If you fall under that appealling range of attravtiveness when it comes to height and physical appearance, you'll have no worries in mating (assuming you're actually interested)
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Incest, my friend was narrating me the story on phone. I think you would love it.

its disgusting omg
To be honest mate, it's really not that much of a dedication to hit the gym. 2hours out of your day (MAX) and once you start eating well and counting your macros it seems effortless.

When I used to be skinny I had a girlfriend who I eventually dumped. She said she never wanted to speak to me again.. but after she saw me hitting the gym (noticeable gains around 1 year later) she started trying to message me again ahah.. hope this helps as this is just from experience, so obviously yes, you're appearance will be somewhat be increased in the rankings.

Going to the gym shows that you care about your lifestyle and body, and to some girls it's aesthetically pleasing. So you're increasing your health and lifestyle as well as getting girls. I think those 1-2 hours a day are worth it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by usualsuspects
Dont agree. I did a physically challenging sport at a competitive level (national, European, international) and did some athletic training, but no weight lifting. It's not necessary for most sports. The drug thing is stupid. Are you saying all people doing sports take drugs and these enhance their appearance?

A swimmer, even if he competes at a local, junior level, will have a more pleasant, athletic, body than a person that builds huge muscles lifting.

What sport? For most contact/physical sports it is a must. Even some tennis players have started to incorporate weight training.

Not all obviously but most are using PED's. Entirely. Special drugs can completely alter the way you look and give you advantages in practically all areas of athleticism. In fact someone who takes high dosages of these and sits on their arse all day will probably look better than another who consistently trains hard and eats well.

The average rower will have a better physique than the average swimmer due to doing additional weight training alongside their sport.
All professional competitive sportsmen use PEDs such as corticosteroids or EPO and incorporate weight training (not always necessarily for hypertrophy especially amongst aerobic sports). If you don't have a hemoglobin level if 200 g/L, you cannot professionally compete in any aerobic sports unfortunately
Reply 85
Original post by TheFarmerLad
What sport? For most contact/physical sports it is a must. Even some tennis players have started to incorporate weight training.

Not all obviously but most are using PED's. Entirely. Special drugs can completely alter the way you look and give you advantages in practically all areas of athleticism. In fact someone who takes high dosages of these and sits on their arse all day will probably look better than another who consistently trains hard and eats well.

The average rower will have a better physique than the average swimmer due to doing additional weight training alongside their sport.

Not a contact sport for sure hahah. By physical I meant not chess, F1 or table tennis.

I don't agree on the fact that drugs make you look better and more athletic. Anti doping controls are a big thing in most sports.

Rowers might be bigger but not necessarily more attractive. I think both look better than bodies built exclusively lifting at the gym.
Reply 86
Original post by Anonymous
All professional competitive sportsmen use PEDs such as corticosteroids or EPO and incorporate weight training (not always necessarily for hypertrophy especially amongst aerobic sports). If you don't have a hemoglobin level if 200 g/L, you cannot professionally compete in any aerobic sports unfortunately

It's not allowed in many sports. I wasn't talking about professional level either.
Original post by usualsuspects
It's not allowed in many sports. I wasn't talking about professional level either.

EPO has a half life of 6 hours mate
No, but he is definitely my most preferred source of info. I began neck training because of Mike Tyson and AlphaDestiny does not advocate calf training (in regards to appearance anyway), which is something I disagree with.
Original post by black1blade
I actually have quite nice forearms (cus reasons...) but when i looked in the mirror the day, the lack of bisep was really mistached and gross. Honestly the eczema on arms is probs more important to get rid of though 😞

Hey I used to have that too, how old are you? Mine just went away naturally on my arms, it did leave a lot darker skin tho but that's minor. How bad is yours? You should defo see a doctor it it's seriously dry and crusty, if it's minor dw and just hit the gym
Original post by lmaooome
its disgusting omg

😂😂😂
Original post by alexp98
Hey I used to have that too, how old are you? Mine just went away naturally on my arms, it did leave a lot darker skin tho but that's minor. How bad is yours? You should defo see a doctor it it's seriously dry and crusty, if it's minor dw and just hit the gym

It's just inner elbow but it gets quite bad sometimes. I find the sun makes it go away. I have been to doctor and got some stuff for it but honestly didn't really work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending