The Student Room Group

Pirmark tills - variance?

Hi, I just started working at primark and I noticed I got a variance on my till when they were finishing doing the spot check. No one else was on my till and I was wondering if it was normal to get a variance...
Reply 1
Original post by chrisxyeo
Hi, I just started working at primark and I noticed I got a variance on my till when they were finishing doing the spot check. No one else was on my till and I was wondering if it was normal to get a variance...

Well it isn't "normal" as such - it means you gave out the wrong change somewhere. But if it's a low amount they generally won't take any action. You just need to be more careful in future. There are loads of strategies for counting out change, so maybe try reading something like this and see if any work for you.

Do be careful if a customer starts asking you to change high value notes - especially if they give you more than one swap during the transaction. Therre are scams around which involve this and aim to confuse you. Never open your till to give change unless someone is buying something (or doing a refund if you do that).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending