The Student Room Group

Should I accept job as PM's Assistant?

Can't give too much away , say I graduated with PPE 1st from Ox , opposed the Conservatives and all capitalist economic activity all my life , should I ditch my principles for a job?

It's super high paid , downing street based although requires some strict discipline and service...
Moral Dilemma - Advice would be appreciated
maybe you can be the one who helps the PM improve her choices and make the right ones
Reply 2
Original post by elforjg02
maybe you can be the one who helps the PM improve her choices and make the right ones

I wish.

Having studied the regulations ( Bible-sized PDF) my role is fundamentally to ensure 'Prime Ministerial deliverance is conducted with adherence to constitution , whilst simultaneously circumventing cross-party concessions'

In short , I'd be an overpaid servant to PM although i do understand i may be able to influence her views on a personal level , perhaps !?
You graduated with a 1st in PPE but you can't read a simple graph in your other thread?

I find that hard to believe.
Original post by Let's_89
I wish.

Having studied the regulations ( Bible-sized PDF) my role is fundamentally to ensure 'Prime Ministerial deliverance is conducted with adherence to constitution , whilst simultaneously circumventing cross-party concessions'

In short , I'd be an overpaid servant to PM although i do understand i may be able to influence her views on a personal level , perhaps !?

I understand but don't forget you still have the right to talk to the PM and influence her views and decisions either personally or among your colleagues as this is freedom of speech. I personally don't support the conservatives but if I were at your position I would accept the job hoping that I could perhaps influence the PM. You never know where this job can take you :smile:
Reply 5
To the private questions , can't say the salary however I can give a rough indication if you do wish to pursue civil service.
Range E G7 (As per August 2016)
Original post by artful_lounger
You graduated with a 1st in PPE but you can't read a simple graph in your other thread?

No problem , I just need advice not belief
all the parties agree with capitalism. maybe help Kim ill jong or whatever he calls himself.
Reply 8

I'm looking for advice not belief

Btw if you'd care for some context , I have siblings who use this very frequently , this is one of the first instances i've had to consult a student community for
I understand but don't forget you still have the right to talk to the PM and influence her views and decisions either personally or among your colleagues as this is freedom of speech. I personally don't support the conservatives but if I were at your position I would accept the job hoping that I could perhaps influence the PM. You never know where this job can take you :smile:

Really appreciate your advice! Thx
I'm looking for advice not belief

Btw if you'd care for some context , I have siblings who use this very frequently , this is one of the first instances i've had to consult a student community for

Well regardless, you'll either sell out all your personal beliefs in the pursuit of power and personal security, or you won't.

If you do the former then you're probably well suited for a career in politics. If not, then...you probably aren't.
Reply 11
Well regardless, you'll either sell out all your personal beliefs in the pursuit of power and personal security, or you won't.

If you do the former then you're probably well suited for a career in politics. If not, then...you probably aren't.

Appreciated
Reply 12

Thanks a lot
Reply 13
Original post by susanneblonde
all the parties agree with capitalism. maybe help Kim ill jong or whatever he calls himself.

I'd say one reason to be offered this job was for my 'articulate defense for outspoken thought , alongside impressive demonstration of empirical political activism'
I'd say one reason to be offered this job was for my 'articulate defense for outspoken thought , alongside impressive demonstration of empirical political activism'

"...given that English appears to be the candidate's second-language"?
Cmon pal if you were offered a job as prime minster assistant you wouldn't be banging on about it on the advice section on a forum
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending