The Student Room Group

surname issue!

So as it happens let's say I have a name XX XX on the first 3 olevel papers while with the rest next year I entered the name XX XX Ali. Will it cause any issue when I go ask for the equivalency certificate? Your Answer would very much help me because I'm FREAKING OUT.
Original post by NZA47
So as it happens let's say I have a name XX XX on the first 3 olevel papers while with the rest next year I entered the name XX XX Ali. Will it cause any issue when I go ask for the equivalency certificate? Your Answer would very much help me because I'm FREAKING OUT.

Are you saying that you name will be changing after some exams but before the end of them all? If so, then the person who entered you for the exams (most likely your school/college unless you're a private candidate) will probably be the one responsible for informing the exam board of any changes so you'll be fine as long as the school/college have been made aware of the name change.

If you're saying that you just entered the wrong name on your papers (first of all, why?), then you need to let your school/college/exam board know ASAP!
Reply 2
Original post by greghayes
Are you saying that you name will be changing after some exams but before the end of them all? If so, then the person who entered you for the exams (most likely your school/college unless you're a private candidate) will probably be the one responsible for informing the exam board of any changes so you'll be fine as long as the school/college have been made aware of the name change.

If you're saying that you just entered the wrong name on your papers (first of all, why?), then you need to let your school/college/exam board know ASAP!

No what i am saying is that my father has a surname and i didn't put it in my name the first time i appeared for 3 different subjects while the 2nd time i was appearing for 7 totally different subjects i added my fathers surname in my name.. and yes my school entered it..
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by NZA47
No what i am saying is that my father has a surname and i didn't put it in my name the first time i appeared for 3 different subjects while the 2nd time i was appearing for 7 totally different subjects i added my fathers surname in my name.. and yes my school entered it..

If you wrote your name down as it appears in your Statement of Entry Form that you were given at the time, it's fine. Even if you didn't I don't think it's that big of a deal, considering they can just identify you with your candidate and centre number.
Reply 4
You should be fine. Like someone else said, they will just look at your candidate number if they're unsure.

Quick Reply

Latest