The Student Room Group

Why doesn't my OH know how to clean?

My OH doesn't seem to understand how to clean properly and it's driving me mad! It's so pathetic that it makes me so angry but it really does piss me off, to the point where I feel enraged.

He just doesn't ever do any cleaning properly, like it's always half arsed. He doesn't seem to understand how to wash dishes properly. I was tucking into my dinner earlier and halfway through I noticed I had 2 day old food stuck to my fork where he hadn't washed it properly :angry: everytime I get a cup out to have a drink if he's done the dishes it's normally still dirty where he hasn't washed it properly, so I have to wash it again. He also doesn't wipe the counters down and leaves cloths soaking in the dirty water.

Ask him to peg out the washing, he doesn't peg it he just hangs it over the line. Found my clean clothes thrown around the back garden where the dog had got them and decided to use them as her new toy.

Ask him to hoover, he doesn't.... I find him doing weird **** like hoovering the dog or the curtains or himself.

Should I just give up and do all the cleaning myself? I have confronted him on numerous occasions about it and then he makes me feel like a massive cow because I think well atleast he's trying but is there any need to be such a retard about it?

Am I alone in my struggle? help me!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reeeeyah
My OH doesn't seem to understand how to clean properly and it's driving me mad! It's so pathetic that it makes me so angry but it really does piss me off, to the point where I feel enraged.

He just doesn't ever do any cleaning properly, like it's always half arsed. He doesn't seem to understand how to wash dishes properly. I was tucking into my dinner earlier and halfway through I noticed I had 2 day old food stuck to my fork where he hadn't washed it properly :angry: everytime I get a cup out to have a drink if he's done the dishes it's normally still dirty where he hasn't washed it properly, so I have to wash it again. He also doesn't wipe the counters down and leaves cloths soaking in the dirty water.

Ask him to peg out the washing, he doesn't peg it he just hangs it over the line. Found my clean clothes thrown around the back garden where the dog had got them and decided to use them as her new toy.

Ask him to hoover, he doesn't.... I find him doing weird **** like hoovering the dog or the curtains or himself.

Should I just give up and do all the cleaning myself? I have confronted him on numerous occasions about it and then he makes me feel like a massive cow because I think well atleast he's trying but is there any need to be such a retard about it?

Sounds like you need relationship therapy.
It's cleaning lmao, most of us have far more interesting things to do, so it's not something we put much thought into.
Great generalisation.
It's typical of us men, isn't it? We can't do anything! We're all bloody useless. Every single one of us. It's about time we left this planet because we're clearly no good!
Reply 5
Original post by Zargabaath
It's cleaning lmao, most of us have far more interesting things to do, so it's not something we put much thought into.

But Zargabaath why is it just my responsibility to clean? I understand that it's just cleaning but I don't want to live in a **** hole :colondollar:
Reply 6
Original post by qasim_96
It's typical of us men, isn't it? We can't do anything! We're all bloody useless. Every single one of us. It's about time we left this planet because we're clearly no good!

Thank you, this is just what I need to hear :u:
But Zargabaath why is it just my responsibility to clean? I understand that it's just cleaning but I don't want to live in a **** hole :colondollar:

Maybe he's just a messier person then you? It probably bugs him less then it does you. It's not like he doesn't try either, but if you don't really care about something, you're not going to put any heart into it.

Spoiler

Because that's what women were invented for
Reply 9
Original post by Zargabaath
Maybe he's just a messier person then you? It probably bugs him less then it does you. It's not like he doesn't try either, but if you don't really care about something, you're not going to put any heart into it.

Spoiler

Positive reinforcement is a good idea. Maybe I could make a chart with gold star stickers like they do with kids when they're potty training......
Because many have spent their lives having a woman clean for them
men make more mess than they actually clean up imho :hide:

Oh dear 😂😂😂😂 you're not alone. Every boy in my family does that smh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Because that's what women were invented for

Men were invented to empty bins

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that's pretty selfish bro init :colonhash: you're leaving us to do the sh*tty stuff :colonhash: why can't men make an effort instead? #

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KittenMediaya
Well that's pretty selfish bro init :colonhash: you're leaving us to do the sh*tty stuff :colonhash: why can't men make an effort instead? #

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm joking :smile: We do try really. I'm just really crap at doing anything so I end up making more mess than helping 🤦🏽*♂️
I'm joking :smile: We do try really. I'm just really crap at doing anything so I end up making more mess than helping 🤦🏽*♂️

So was i lol :tongue:
This is why women never ask men to do stuff :colonhash:
Cleaning is a skill that needs to be learned. I used to be terrible at cleaning then I worked as a cleaner and got good. It takes practice to get the attention to detail of it. Before I did my cleaning job, I wouldn't even notice if something was dirty.

He is perfectly capable of learning to clean, the question is, whether he wants to. I don't really have any advice but don't feel bad about nagging him. He can clean, he is just lazy.
Original post by KittenMediaya
So was i lol :tongue:
This is why women never ask men to do stuff :colonhash:

Not every man is as bad as me. Some are really good. A lot of men can actually cook some good food and can actually clean properly.
Not every man is as bad as me. Some are really good. A lot of men can actually cook some good food and can actually clean properly.

That's true :yep: but none in my fam :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest