The Student Room Group

Why don't people mind that Europe is being invaded

Why are people ok with the fact that Europe is literally currently being invaded by migrants?

6.6m million migrants are trying to get into Italy by the boatload. Hungary has its army fighting off invaders trying to flood in and causing mass chaos and violence at its borders.

Why are people ok with this? Why is there no panic?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by are123
Why are people ok with the fact that Europe is literally being invaded by migrants?

6.6m million migrants are trying to get into Italy by the boatload. Hungary has its army fighting off invaders trying to flood in and causing mass chaos and violence at its borders.

Why are people ok with this?

I'm sure plenty of people have an opinion but can't be bothered to express it and take action
I wouldn't call it an invasion, they aren't exactly soldiers, and 99% mean no harm to us. If the US is anything to go by, migrants help a county expand.
Reply 3
Original post by pessim
I wouldn't call it an invasion, they aren't exactly soldiers, and 99% mean no harm to us. If the US is anything to go by, migrants help a county expand.

Sure, it's not a typical invasion with guns / swords, but they are still trying to illegally breach into our lands by the masses, which is safe to call an invasion.
I would call it a peaceful invasion, but if you see what is happening at Hungary's borders, you'll see it's quite the opposite.

Yeah these migrants are surely going to be a fantastic help to our economy's growth, there must be so many skilled doctors, engineers etc. coming our way! No burden to the taxpayer at all!

Don't be another lunatic.
Original post by pessim

Yeah, as long as they all believe in the same/similar ideology.
Reply 5
Original post by Cubone-r
Yeah, as long as they all believe in the same/similar ideology.

So you're ok to give up your free healthcare so that we can have 10 million 3rd world migrants living here?
Europe is f**ked, can't wait to leave.
Reply 7
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Europe is f**ked, can't wait to leave.

Where are you going to go?
Original post by are123
So you're ok to give up your free healthcare so that we can have 10 million 3rd world migrants living here?

No, my point was exactly the opposite. The fact is that the migrants trying to come in don't have the same values as the Western world. The reason why America boomed was because everyone had similar values and they all subscribed to the idea of the "American dream". Letting in millions of migrants with vastly different cultures and ideologies is bound to end badly, and we're seeing the results of it now.
Original post by are123
Sure, it's not a typical invasion with guns / swords, but they are still trying to illegally breach into our lands by the masses, which is safe to call an invasion.
I would call it a peaceful invasion, but if you see what is happening at Hungary's borders, you'll see it's quite the opposite.

Yeah these migrants are surely going to be a fantastic help to our economy's growth, there must be so many skilled doctors, engineers etc. coming our way! No burden to the taxpayer at all!

Don't be another lunatic.

So do you want them to be trapped by a totalitarian regime which kills people with no sympathy at all, but masking it as a religious duty? It's not about their generation, it's about the generation afterwards. Some will grow up to become doctors, engineers and nurses if they stay in Europe, as Europe is one of the/if not the best continent for education and jobs, and migrants will help a county. It doesn't matter where they came from, they're not just going to claim benefits and sit in their council house all day. That's just a plain generalization, which is untrue. Migrants work at local shops, restaurants and provide some of the things you walk by everyday. If it wasn't for migrants, we wouldn't have 70% of the technologies we enjoy today.
Reply 10
Original post by are123
White genocide is happening everywhere. West Europe, Canada, US, Australia, They're all having their native population displaced.

Native population?
Original post by are123
White genocide is happening everywhere. West Europe, Canada, US, Australia, They're all having their native population displaced.

I don't agree with the theory of White genocide. I just don't think in 10-20 years time Europe will be a very nice place to live. I can also see the migrant crisis leading to civil wars/military coups in places such as Italy and France.
Reply 12
Original post by pessim
So do you want them to be trapped by a totalitarian regime which kills people with no sympathy at all, but masking it as a religious duty? It's not about their generation, it's about the generation afterwards. Some will grow up to become doctors, engineers and nurses if they stay in Europe, as Europe is one of the/if not the best continent for education and jobs, and migrants will help a county. It doesn't matter where they came from, they're not just going to claim benefits and sit in their council house all day. That's just a plain generalization, which is untrue. Migrants work at local shops, restaurants and provide some of the things you walk by everyday. If it wasn't for migrants, we wouldn't have 70% of the technologies we enjoy today.

Firstly, 60% of these people are not refugees, they are economic migrants. That was said by the EU commissioner himself.

Secondly, you don't get it. We simply cannot take in all of these migrants. There are hundreds of millions that would love to get into Europe. Most of them are unskilled, speak little English etc. Also, there goes our benefits. How can the UK continue to provide free healthcare when there's an extra 10 million 3rd worlders living here who most likely won't be paying tax.

It is NOT our responsibility to take in these migrants. The reason Europe has been great up until now is because we had controlled borders from the outside world. Now, the outside world is flooding in, and we will now become just like the crapholes that they come from.

It's people with thinking like you that are going to totally destroy Europe.
I won't even get into the dignify the term "invasion" seeing how Europe is NOT being invaded in any shape or form. We Europeans should know, we're the ones usually doing the invading. Secondly, the differences between "migrants", which most of these people aren't, and "refugees", which most of these people are, exist and are clearly defined.

The vast majority of these people are actively fleeing conflict and strife and are in search of a better life. As long as they can be properly educated and integrated into European society, there is no harm. Our focus should now be on this - education, integration and fostering goodwill. Not enough care or attention is placed into actually making these people fellow Europeans, along with all the values and ideas that entails. Therefore, let us accept these unfortunate individuals who will, after proper education, surely be a boon to European economies and populations.
Liberal cultural marxists like Corbyn want to see Europe destroyed so have no qualms with allowing barbarians to flood into the continent.
Reply 15
Original post by Withengar
I won't even get into the dignify the term "invasion" seeing how Europe is NOT being invaded in any shape or form. We Europeans should know, we're the ones usually doing the invading. Secondly, the differences between "migrants", which most of these people aren't, and "refugees", which most of these people are, exist and are clearly defined.

The vast majority of these people are actively fleeing conflict and strife and are in search of a better life. As long as they can be properly educated and integrated into European society, there is no harm. Our focus should now be on this - education, integration and fostering goodwill. Not enough care or attention is placed into actually making these people fellow Europeans, along with all the values and ideas that entails. Therefore, let us accept these unfortunate individuals who will, after proper education, surely be a boon to European economies and populations.

The EU commissioner disagrees with you. 60% of the people coming are not refugees, they are economic migrants.

We are being invaded just like before in history. Except this time, we aren't fighting back, we are laying down as we let ourselves get turned into the sh*thole that these people are coming from.

You just don't get it. The reason Europe is a great place is because we've had borders. Now, these borders are no longer existing, and you will see in 10 years or so we will become just like the places that these people are coming from.

No, they don't share our values. They want to live off the state. That's why they all want to come to Western Europe.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Withengar

That's the problem, they are not being integrated properly.
Is because our government is full of liberals like Tony Blair or Angela Merkel, is only the Syrian migrants who really need help and a lot of them are actually skilled in the job industry, the ones from Africa or Afghanistan is where the problem lies, migrants coming from these countries are simply taking advantage of the Syrian refugee crisis and want to come to Europe for free handouts and I bet many of them don't have a educational qualification.
Until the right people like Trump get into power the migrants will just keep coming and coming, no use on relying on the police as they are greatly outnumbered.
Reply 18
Original post by Cubone-r
That's the problem, they are not being integrated properly.

Even if they were, WE DONT NEED THEM. So why should we have to take them in? We are already overpopulated enough.
Original post by are123
Even if they were, WE DONT NEED THEM. So why should we have to take them in? We are already overpopulated enough.

Corbyn needs them for votes, duh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending