The Student Room Group

So the 13th Doctor was revealed as.....

Spoiler

I'm really excited to see them make their debut, how do you all feel about this announcement?

Scroll to see replies

genuinly suprised actually! :tongue: :smile: I think they've been leading up to it though. haven't heard of her before - hope she's good
Original post by VinnicombeDmv

Spoiler

I'm really excited to see them make their debut, how do you all feel about this announcement?

I think there could be divided opinion about it, I m excited to see who they have as a companion to work with her.
Feels like they were testing the waters with missy now :tongue:
does that mean they need a male companion now?
or is it staying the same?
(edited 6 years ago)
Very disappointed with the decision. If they were gonna go for a female then they should have gone Olivia Coleman or just stick with the character being male. This will probably put me off watching now.
Can't wait to see the shitstorm by people who have nothing better to complain about.
The BBC social justice agenda strikes again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am so happy... I think she's going to make a great doctor 😆
Original post by claireestelle
I think there could be divided opinion about it, I m excited to see who they have as a companion to work with her.
Feels like they were testing the waters with missy now :tongue:

yeah, shame that Bill left as it might have had some good plots, but if Moffats leaving then they probably want the new writer to have something to write about
I've yet to see a good argument against a woman doctor, everything so far has been either "The show should never change" or "Women can't act the same". Either way, absolute *******s.

I've never seen Jodie Whittaker before so I'm excited to see her as the new incarnation. The tardis key trick is intriguing too!
absolutely no idea who she is - heard of broadchurch but never watched, are we talking proper sci-fi actress, generic "drama" or what?
It should have been a male doctor, which means that her companion should be a male now. Gender balance.
Original post by bizzy_penguin
yeah, shame that Bill left as it might have had some good plots, but if Moffats leaving then they probably want the new writer to have something to write about

The companion falling in love with the doctors been done so many times but it would have been a different twist on it. I think a fresh start is a good idea.
It makes sense the lines they had about time lords not noticing gender in the series finale now.
Reply 13
Political correctness gone mad - it's not sexism, it's tradition (a whopping 54 years of it!).

Gravely disappointed. Nail in the coffin.
I'm kind of annoyed that it's not a male doctor. It's not the same, as the doctor has always been male, and it was always intended to be.
I'm never watching Doctor Who again, typical BBC pandering to the feminists and the equality parade. The Doctor has always been a man, that's how the character is written and that's how the dynamic works. I'm sure ratings and views will plummet and they'll only have themselves to blame.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Glassapple
I'm never watching Doctor Who again, typical BBC pandering to the feminists and equality parade. The Doctor has always been a man, that's how the character is written and that's how the dynamic works. I'm sure ratings will plummet and they'll only have themselves to blame.

Shame that I've got to agree with you for once.
All these years it has been a male. They can't just change it for the audience.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
absolutely no idea who she is - heard of broadchurch but never watched, are we talking proper sci-fi actress, generic "drama" or what?

Generic drama.
Original post by IWMTom
Political correctness gone mad - it's not sexism, it's tradition (a whopping 54 years of it!).

Gravely disappointed. Nail in the coffin.

And why is breaking tradition necessarily a bad thing? Traditionally men would work and women would be silent and clean the house. Should we never have broken that one? Get over yourself. We've yet to see how she does in her new shoes, for all you might know the next season could be the best ever!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending