The Student Room Group

Ghost in my workplace

Just wanted to share a pretty interesting happening in my workplace.

Firstly I work in the Co-op, not a biggy, however!

One of my colleagues last night said they heard the men's toilet door open and close. it has a very distinctive sound then a milk cage being knocked like someone is passing it. She was on her own with other two colleagues including me out on the shop floor.

she came and got me asking me if anyone else was out the back, both went to investigate. Jinkies!!

In all had a laugh and we both when to work, as I then was left alone in the store room I am certain I saw a shadow of a figure on the corner of my eye.

To be honest it was all a interesting experience and I don't knock the idea of things we can't explain. In the past I have gone to Mediums, more of the idea to know what there is to come. gives hope and I'm a firm believer if you told this will happen. generally you tend to make it happen without being aware of it.

Anyway, spoke to someone else from the shop and apparently this is pretty common.

Wonder what all your thoughts are about this, and if anyone else has stories to share.
Reply 1
Original post by Jameshar90
Just wanted to share a pretty interesting happening in my workplace.

Firstly I work in the Co-op, not a biggy, however!

One of my colleagues last night said they heard the men's toilet door open and close. it has a very distinctive sound then a milk cage being knocked like someone is passing it. She was on her own with other two colleagues including me out on the shop floor.

she came and got me asking me if anyone else was out the back, both went to investigate. Jinkies!!

In all had a laugh and we both when to work, as I then was left alone in the store room I am certain I saw a shadow of a figure on the corner of my eye.

To be honest it was all a interesting experience and I don't knock the idea of things we can't explain. In the past I have gone to Mediums, more of the idea to know what there is to come. gives hope and I'm a firm believer if you told this will happen. generally you tend to make it happen without being aware of it.

Anyway, spoke to someone else from the shop and apparently this is pretty common.

Wonder what all your thoughts are about this, and if anyone else has stories to share.

Ghosts don't exist. When you're done getting over it, pick your ars* up and get back to work :colonhash:
Reply 2
Very harsh comment but valid. everyone has their own point of view.

Original post by Hamoody
Ghosts don't exist. When you're done getting over it, pick your ars* up and get back to work :colonhash:
We see and interpret things based on own own beliefs. There's a saying:"if you believe it, you will see it". You've simply interpreted this situation in a supernatural context because your mind believes in such things. I don't believe in such things as ghosts and I were in the exact situation as you were, I'd probably link the shadow to something non-supernatural. I think if the supernatural truly did exist, we would have a lot more robust evidence and cases of their encounters. But that's just my opinion.
Reply 4
Original post by Mr Optimist
We see and interpret things based on own own beliefs. There's a saying:"if you believe it, you will see it". You've simply interpreted this situation in a supernatural context because your mind believes in such things. I don't believe in such things as ghosts and I were in the exact situation as you were, I'd probably link the shadow to something non-supernatural. I think if the supernatural truly did exist, we would have a lot more robust evidence and cases of their encounters. But that's just my opinion.

I didn't think of it being supernatural at first, only day after talking about it.
Maybe the store was built on the site of a much older building that somebody died in?
Original post by Jameshar90
I didn't think of it being supernatural at first, only day after talking about it.

Does not really matter. In the end you interpreted it as something supernatural. It just means your mind hold beliefs about supernatural and you can ascribe situations to them. Notice how such things almost never happen to anyone that do not believe in the supernatural. If I put someone in a random house to sleep overnight and I mislead them by saying it is a very haunted house, then when I see them the next day they would probably have countless stories about seeing/hearing ghosts. Now imagine if I had not told them the house is haunted. It'll be extremely unlikely for them to even mention anything regarding supernatural presence. The point is, in my opinion, it is all in the mind.
I have never had a paranormal experience but I have many friends and family that have. Their stories are chilling and are very difficult to explain. Much more adverse than your story, not trying to belittle your experience.

I won't tell them as I don't feel it is in my place to share them.
Reply 8
:iiam:
Does not really matter. In the end you interpreted it as something supernatural. It just means your mind hold beliefs about supernatural and you can ascribe situations to them. Notice how such things almost never happen to anyone that do not believe in the supernatural. If I put someone in a random house to sleep overnight and I mislead them by saying it is a very haunted house, then when I see them the next day they would probably have countless stories about seeing/hearing ghosts. Now imagine if I had not told them the house is haunted. It'll be extremely unlikely for them to even mention anything regarding supernatural presence. The point is, in my opinion, it is all in the mind.

I really dont understand how you can be so dismissive of the idea that he was a ghost. I really dont think it would be highly impossible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Got Milk
I really dont understand how you can be so dismissive of the idea that he was a ghost. I really dont think it would be highly impossible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I explained my thoughts in that comment, you can see from that comment why I don't believe it was a supernatural event. Can I be wrong? Of course I can.
I explained my thoughts in that comment, you can see from that comment why I don't believe it was a supernatural event. Can I be wrong? Of course I can.

Fair enough you acknowledge you can be wrong, which you are, I respect that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest