The Student Room Group

Open Days

Hey! Just wondering when it would be a good time to start visiting vet school open days? I will be starting year 12 in September :smile:
Original post by buzzyambee
Hey! Just wondering when it would be a good time to start visiting vet school open days? I will be starting year 12 in September :smile:

I think the youngest person I met at an open day (not vet school though) was in year 11 and it went up to mature students who have taken a break from studying. You can either go this summer (you may be too late, though, for the summer ones as they could be booked up but give it a try) or there's often ones in September-November for those who couldn't attend summer open days.

However, most students go in the summer after finishing year 12 before starting year 13 so don't worry if you don't get chance to go this year.
I did some open days, not for vet school, in the September of going into Year 12.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to Nottingham last year in the Summer before I became a yr 12, and I'm going to the rest of the open days this October as a yr 13.
I once met a year 10 at an open day, and although this is very organised I would argue that going so early is of limited use since universities can change a lot in a small amount of time.

I personally didn't go to any until the end of year 12, which I think is the ideal time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending