The Student Room Group

Why don't people mind that Europe is being invaded

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eunomia
I don't believe that democracy stems from so-called "Judeo-Christian values" (which are actually awful and repressive), that's what I'm saying.

Neither do I, that wasn't my point. Christianity and Judaism are also regressive. However what I was trying to say is that they are not a threat to our democracy, I do believe that Islam could become a threat to democracy.
Original post by are123
White genocide is happening everywhere. West Europe, Canada, US, Australia, They're all having their native population displaced.

White people are only native to one of those places.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Neither do I, that wasn't my point. Christianity and Judaism are also regressive. However what I was trying to say is that they are not a threat to our democracy, I do believe that Islam could become a threat to democracy.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I just think that many of the people who claim to want to tackle Islamism focus too much on punishing vulnerable communities like refugees and not enough on standing up to the big guys with all of the money and power. You know, the ones who are actually responsible for exporting the poisonous Wahhabi ideology around the globe? Secularism was actually beginning to thrive in the Middle East only a few decades ago. It's not to say that separating Islam from politics is incomprehensible, when in fact this has been done several times before.
Original post by Eunomia
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I just think that many of the people who claim to want to tackle Islamism focus too much on punishing vulnerable communities like refugees and not enough on standing up to the big guys with all of the money and power. You know, the ones who are actually responsible for exporting the poisonous Wahhabi ideology around the globe? Secularism was actually beginning to thrive in the Middle East only a few decades ago. It's not to say that separating Islam from politics is incomprehensible, when in fact this has been done several times before.

Just to make myself clear. I do believe that we have an obligation to take in refugees from Syria, Iraq etc. However I do believe that the influx of economic migrants from Africa could become a problem. I also believe that we should stop funding Saudi. My point of view is from an Secularist Atheist angle rather than right-wing.
Original post by Cubone-r
Yeah, as long as they all believe in the same/similar ideology.

I'm sure Thor countries would take to kindly to a huge number turning up allat

Posted from TSR Mobile
I live in Greece and we have already taken a huge amount of refugees, an amount we can't really support. And the bitter truth is that, most of them are not even refugees, they are illegal migrants who don't come from a war zone (e.g. Syria). Also, they can't adapt here because they come from totally different cultures; they respect their own culture and they violate the culture and the rules of the country they are in. My mind tells me that this isn't how it works.
I'm not a racist, but that's the truth. People who don't go through that every day can't understand the size of the refugee crisis.
I don't agree with the theory of White genocide. I just don't think in 10-20 years time Europe will be a very nice place to live. I can also see the migrant crisis leading to civil wars/military coups in places such as Italy and France.

It isn't a great place to live now, unless you like being run over by trucks or blown up by nail bombs.

I do agree, though, that thanks to Muslim immigration, it will be even worse in a couple of decades time.
You know sometimes I really consider this whole 'preserving Britain' narrative and then I remember I have more qualifications then the people who sit back and rant about foreigners - that must be really annoying, I get it.
They're coming over here and doing better than you - GOD FORBID. HOW DARE we steal the jobs that we are qualified to do?!??!?!? ffs
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Eunomia
Are you suggesting that democracy, freedom of religion and individual liberty are "Judeo-Christian values"? :laugh:

And if you are so against people from "foreign cultures" being here, maybe you should go back to where you came from.

They are universal values, that have been greatly shaped by the Christian faith, and its reformation in the UK. If the UK was an Islamic country would we have the same values that we have now? The answer is no we wouldn't.

Never said that I was against people from "foreign cultures" coming to the UK. I am however against mass immigration from Islamic countries, because in my opinion Islam is not compatible with western values, and I don't want the UK to become more Islamised than what it is now. Just like how some folks deem Judeo-Christian values to be regressive, I also view Islam to be incredibly regressive.

I believe in the flourishing of society, and don't want to live in a country where my rights are being trampled upon. I've lived in an Islamic country. It was not a nice experience.

Well, I'm British born-and-bred, so don't see where I should go to. I might not be an indigenous Brit as I'm an ethnic minority. But, I'm a British citizen nonetheless, so I have every right to live here, and express my views.
Original post by are123
Why are people ok with the fact that Europe is literally currently being invaded by migrants?

6.6m million migrants are trying to get into Italy by the boatload. Hungary has its army fighting off invaders trying to flood in and causing mass chaos and violence at its borders.

Why are people ok with this? Why is there no panic?

Lol your mad, Migrants are in every country.
Original post by Jimmitybob
I bet many of them understand the English language better than you though :smile:

I am pretty sure the chances of your bet being true is 0.0001%
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by The RAR
I am pretty sure the chances of your bet being true is 0.0001%

Your sustained ignorance is further enforcing my point and undermining your own.
Original post by Jimmitybob
Your sustained ignorance is further enforcing my point and undermining your own.

What you said makes no sense, is that a poor attempt to intimidate me? If you are going to prove my ignorance try to do it in a better way
Reply 53
I invaded Britain years ago and still speak no English, like to eat smelly food (not cheese) and wear weird clothes.

I think racists like the OP really help immigrants to integrate.
Original post by Maker
I invaded Britain years ago and still speak no English, like to eat smelly food (not cheese) and wear weird clothes.

I think racists like the OP really help immigrants to integrate.

love smelly food:colone:
The rest of Europe is basically dumping hundreds of thousands of refugees on Italy, blocking the borders with Italy with soldiers and tanks and saying "You're on your own, suckers". Is this the fabled European solidarity the EU is supposed to bring?
Original post by are123
Why are people ok with the fact that Europe is literally currently being invaded by migrants?

6.6m million migrants are trying to get into Italy by the boatload. Hungary has its army fighting off invaders trying to flood in and causing mass chaos and violence at its borders.

Why are people ok with this? Why is there no panic?

They do mind they just aren't being asked their opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
probably bc i'm not european lol
Because people like you will over exaggerate the problems by using words like "invading" even tho a lot of them probably don't even have a sandwich between them, never mind weapons with which to do a proper invasion.
Just to make myself clear. I do believe that we have an obligation to take in refugees from Syria, Iraq etc. However I do believe that the influx of economic migrants from Africa could become a problem. I also believe that we should stop funding Saudi. My point of view is from an Secularist Atheist angle rather than right-wing.

*North Africa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending