The Student Room Group

Girl likes me, but I like her mate

*Shortened version of previous post as it seems the other was too long-winded*

Basically a girl's liked me for about three months but hasn't really tried just talking to me in person on nights out when she's seen me. Her and her mate have gone to fairly extreme lengths to get my attention, but I aren't confident enough to just walk up to a couple of girls I've not spoken to before.

Last night, my mate noticed her and her wingwoman were starring me down all night and I didn't go over to them because I've actually liked her ww for ages who's more my type, and I didn't want to cause upset. Tried messaging the ww in the early hours of this morning when she was probably still mashed and she left it on 'seen'. I'm presuming she's not replying because I'm off limits when two of her mates like me.

I see ww out almost every Friday, but was wondering if there's anything I can try to get her to talk to me without waiting almost another week to talk in person whilst she's available?

Cheers
Step 1: go see her.

Step 2: talk to her.

It's not rocket science.
Original post by Anonymous
*Shortened version of previous post as it seems the other was too long-winded*

Basically a girl's liked me for about three months but hasn't really tried just talking to me in person on nights out when she's seen me. Her and her mate have gone to fairly extreme lengths to get my attention, but I aren't confident enough to just walk up to a couple of girls I've not spoken to before.

Last night, my mate noticed her and her wingwoman were starring me down all night and I didn't go over to them because I've actually liked her ww for ages who's more my type, and I didn't want to cause upset. Tried messaging the ww in the early hours of this morning when she was probably still mashed and she left it on 'seen'. I'm presuming she's not replying because I'm off limits when two of her mates like me.

I see ww out almost every Friday, but was wondering if there's anything I can try to get her to talk to me without waiting almost another week to talk in person whilst she's available?

Cheers

Well, I wouldn't want to split friends up. I'd tell the girl who likes you that you're not interested but wouldn't mind being friends.
Use that as an 'in' to chat with her crowd for a while and get to know WW.

Once original girl has forgotten that she was interested in you then WW will prob be more open to your advances if she likes you.
Wing woman will not go out with you. Her friend likes you so I don't see her breaking her friendship for you. Especially if she has been trying to get you to like her friend lol

If I was wingwoman thats what I'd do anyways.
Reply 4
Original post by s4b3rt00th
Step 1: go see her.

Step 2: talk to her.

It's not rocket science.

It's really not that simple. Where exactly do I see her when I'm lucky to see her once a week on nights out, and the point of the post was to see if I could do anything to speed up the process before seeing her next weekend. And she hasn't replied because her mates like me, so talking straight off doesn't seem to be an option unless I say something magical or go about snapchatting her instead
Reply 5
Wing woman will not go out with you. Her friend likes you so I don't see her breaking her friendship for you. Especially if she has been trying to get you to like her friend lol

If I was wingwoman thats what I'd do anyways.

It's not so much their friendship that's making me question whether ww might be a possibility, it's how they were both starring me down, not just the girl who's liked me for ages, ww was the one who tried to get my attention to look up off my phone, and the other week when I got with a mate on a night out, ww was with her other mates and spying the whole time and proper peaked at us when they walked past when we were waiting for a taxi at a supermarket. Girl who's liked me for ages wasn't there that night
It's not so much their friendship that's making me question whether ww might be a possibility, it's how they were both starring me down, not just the girl who's liked me for ages, ww was the one who tried to get my attention to look up off my phone, and the other week when I got with a mate on a night out, ww was with her other mates and spying the whole time and proper peaked at us when they walked past when we were waiting for a taxi at a supermarket. Girl who's liked me for ages wasn't there that night

I wouldn't overthink it to be honest. Looking at somebody who your friend fancies and 'spying' on them isn't a sign of them fancying you. They could just be reporting back to their pal.
Reply 7
Original post by Friffinghell
I wouldn't overthink it to be honest. Looking at somebody who your friend fancies and 'spying' on them isn't a sign of them fancying you. They could just be reporting back to their pal.

There's other little bits and bobs, and I stand out from the crowd cus I tend to dress well and more out there than most people at the local indie venues, a lot of the indie girls seem to like me so I usually assume girls do like me at these two places if they show any kinds of signs haha, but yeah you're probably right shfhjahjkfhsjfjk women :frown:
Reply 8
3some problem solved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending