The Student Room Group

How to become heartless

one problem that i have is that i care too much about people's emotions
just found out that the people i have been calling friends are fake people
im going into sixthform and i want to become heartless and cold
so any tips how to be heartless and cold to people?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charles dickens
one problem that i have is that i care too much about people's emotions
just found out that the people i have been calling friends are fake people
im going into sixthform and i want to become heartless and cold
so any tips how to be heartless and cold to people?

Let yourself get hurt by people, essentially.
Try to internalize everything (not very healthy long term, find some vent if you want to try this)

Maybe just seperate yourself from the toxic people in your life, find some new friends in sixth form? There should be a decent influx of new people which will change the dynamic of various groups.
1. Go to your room, turn the lights off, maybe a candle or two and masturbate meditate
2. The objective isn't to become heartless, it's to make peace with things you can't control and take action in the things you can

Spoiler

You dont want to. I tried but eventually it made me push everyone away. Its fine and normal to have emotions.
Realise the existential insignificance of everything and everyone.
Reply 5
start reading Nietzsche
don't be ignorant to the reality of self serving interests
take the red pill.

Spoiler

Reply 8
I’m trying to be become heartlessless. After awhile I realised Being heartless sucks and it’s not who I am
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Wanderlust96
Realise the existential insignificance of everything and everyone.

This is the best advice you’ll get, literally just see everything as an overreaction and everything will seem insignificant
Original post by AlexFam
1. Go to your room, turn the lights off, maybe a candle or two and masturbate meditate
2. The objective isn't to become heartless, it's to make peace with things you can't control and take action in the things you can

Spoiler

I've tried that (the masturbate thing). Don't recommend anyone else do this. It seriously ruins your life, as I have learnt.

I've also tried to be heartless and cold. Don't recommend that either. You end up pushing everyone away and end up being lonely with no friends. I ended up being really anti-social as a result of it. Don't do it unless you wanna end up as depressed and negative as me.
So you want to become like a robot because you've met a few unsavoury people in your life? You're willing to let such people turns you from a nice, caring person to a cold one?
Grade A cold ***** here. I was alone for extended periods of time because of mental health problems and no one reached out or to me or kept touch so I stopped caring about people in general. If everyone on my contact list blocked me I wouldn't care.

1. Never contact people first
2. Be blunt and direct - tell it how it is
3. Recognize that we were all born alone and that we will all die alone
4. Tell yourself that new friends you make are temporary figures in your life who will probably forget you and move on soon, this prevents attachment
5. Observe people. Understand their motives, fears and level of intelligence. Don't let people use you.
6. Focus on improving yourself and seek opportunities to make new friends every few months- don't become dependent on the friends you have.

Disclaimer: At the end of the day you are still human. You still want to care for people and be cared for so I suggest letting your guard down for at least one or two people every now and then. Just be smart about it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Remember that emotions are like clouds. They come and go. The sky is clear, the clouds linger for a while and then move on to leave a clear sky again.
Vote Conservative. It worked for me.
Original post by s4b3rt00th
take the red pill.

Spoiler

is that a matrix reference? i dont get it
It is and this is what I'm on about...

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/
Original post by s4b3rt00th
It is and this is what I'm on about...

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/

it seems like a hateful place. why would this be good for the op?
I didn't say it would be good for the OP.

The OP wanted to become heartless and I'm simply giving him the means to do it.
Reply 19
Original post by zayn008
I’m trying to be become heartlessless. After awhile I realised Being heartless sucks and it’s not who I am

^ im the same.

I'm like you and I care too much often it bites back. Just learn when and where to care a little or care a lot. Just be selective in the attention/effort you put in with people. So you don't have to completely turn heartless but keep guarding your heart from being hurt all the time.

But put your needs first ! And your feelings first ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending