The Student Room Group

I'm a guy who wears a hairpiece, AMA :)

Anonymous please because there are people on here who know who I am and I don't want them to know.

Scroll to see replies

How old are you? and do people know you wear one?
Reply 2
Original post by SCIENCE :D
How old are you? and do people know you wear one?

I am 22 years old. And yes, some people do (my immediate family and friends), whilst others do not. I'm not too fussed about people finding out, but then again I don't make a big thing of it because I often forget it's on in the first place.
Reply 3
...?
do you shampoo it ?
Are you never tempted to just go skinheady?

I can totally dig a Bruce Willis/Dwayne Johnson/Dominic Purcell/Wentworth Miller.
Original post by Friffinghell

I can totally dig a Bruce Willis/Dwayne Johnson/Dominic Purcell/Wentworth Miller.

Also Jason Statham :love:
Reply 7

I did consider it for a bit, and probably will do when I'm older. But 19 (when it started) is very young and going bald at that age was a terrible ordeal for me.

Plus being bald in your 20s makes you look older and less attractive, no matter how much you sugar-coat it.
Reply 8
Original post by the bear
do you shampoo it ?

Yes, every other day in the shower, just like with normal hair.
Original post by Anonymous
I did consider it for a bit, and probably will do when I'm older. But 19 (when it started) is very young and going bald at that age was a terrible ordeal for me.

Plus being bald in your 20s makes you look older and less attractive, no matter how much you sugar-coat it.

Have you not noticed that as guys get older they look more distinguished and manly? 100% more attractive. True story.
Hi OP,

Could you provide a picture of your head, above eye level.

I just want to see what it looks like.

All the best OP.
Have you not noticed that as guys get older they look more distinguished and manly? 100% more attractive. True story.

Not particularly. Some men look good bald, others don't. I will do one day, but don't feel ready at the moment. Would rather live out my youth with a full head of hair.
Not particularly. Some men look good bald, others don't. I will do one day, but don't feel ready at the moment. Would rather live out my youth with a full head of hair.

Just do what you want to do :smile: But if/when the time comes; Girls don't care. And if they do- they're not the right girl.
Do you get nervous on a blustery day?
Original post by tehforum
Hi OP,

Could you provide a picture of your head, above eye level.

I just want to see what it looks like.

All the best OP.

Hope this helps. I chose 75% density so it looks convincing. Many go with 100% in desperation to get a 16 y/o hairline, but it just looks wiggy, especially on older guys.

Attachment not found
Hope this helps. I chose 75% density so it looks convincing. Many go with 100% in desperation to get a 16 y/o hairline, but it just looks wiggy, especially on older guys.

Attachment not found

Interesting, looks good OP.
Just do what you want to do :smile: But if/when the time comes; Girls don't care. And if they do- they're not the right girl.

I've slept with a solid 4-5 girls since getting it and none of them noticed during sex, because the lace is so thin. I've been with my current girlfriend for about a year and a bit now, and I told her after 3 weeks of dating. I expected the worst, but instead she reacted with 'wow, I would never have guessed'. She fully supports that it's my own personal decision and that's all it's come to really.
Original post by applesforme
Do you get nervous on a blustery day?

Nope. The hairpiece is attached with very strong, waterproof and breathable adhesive, which stays tight for up to 2 weeks (although I detach and reattach every week for good measure). If you pulled at it with all your strength and might, the skin of my scalp would come off before the actual hair itself.
I've slept with a solid 4-5 girls since getting it and none of them noticed during sex, because the lace is so thin. I've been with my current girlfriend for about a year and a bit now, and I told her after 3 weeks of dating. I expected the worst, but instead she reacted with 'wow, I would never have guessed'. She fully supports that it's my own personal decision and that's all it's come to really.

Good :smile: I think baldness is a thing that scares the bejeezus out of a lot of guys. I'm glad it's all good at your end. Other guys can read this and hope for the same :smile:
Disappointed. I was expecting you to say you wear a glittery fabulous hair accessory. Feeling pretty stupid. XD

Quick Reply

Latest