The Student Room Group

Can i finance at lamborghini at 17?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrCole&Co
you need to chill a great deal son, im not buying a lamborghini to look flashy, im doing it because i like to treat myself and show off to the people i will be working for that i am a smart young businessmen. You dont understand me, i am not in a rich family so i probably wont be able to afford a lamborghini but that doesnt mean i cant treat myself. It humours me that you are so salty that i want to spend my money on a very expensive car, why would i want to save my money for a house when i know guranteed that when im 20 years old ill be have 6 figures in my bank account so i will be able to afford it. Im earning money, so i will treat myself how i like. Dont get salty and just call me a kid to justify your beliefs. You clearly dont have the businessman and high life attitude i do, im working for a big company doing business administration i want to look good infront of employers so they take me on and give me a career. I dont need money for travelling, if i want to go on holiday i can which wont cost me much.

There's a difference between "treating yourself" and "ruining your future". And there's a difference between having 6 figures and being able to afford a car like that. As I detailed in my earlier post, running a Lamborghini will cost you tens of thousands per year. And how do you know you'll have 6 figures? Unexpected stuff happens, and if you're as much of a businessman as you say you are, you should prepare for the worst.

A real "smart young businessman" or "high-lifer" doesn't waste their money on depreciating assets. If you want to treat yourself, get a used Toyota GT86 or Nissan 370z.
Have fun paying 100k a year for insurance hahaha
Reply 22
you need to chill a great deal son, im not buying a lamborghini to look flashy, im doing it because i like to treat myself and show off to the people i will be working for that i am a smart young businessmen. You dont understand me, i am not in a rich family so i probably wont be able to afford a lamborghini but that doesnt mean i cant treat myself. It humours me that you are so salty that i want to spend my money on a very expensive car, why would i want to save my money for a house when i know guranteed that when im 20 years old ill be have 6 figures in my bank account so i will be able to afford it. Im earning money, so i will treat myself how i like. Dont get salty and just call me a kid to justify your beliefs. You clearly dont have the businessman and high life attitude i do, im working for a big company doing business administration i want to look good infront of employers so they take me on and give me a career. I dont need money for travelling, if i want to go on holiday i can which wont cost me much.

mate, you treat yourself with a weeks holiday in spain if you're on 15k! You treat yourself with things that are actually within your means! you become a smart young businessman first, then you buy a lambo outright with all that money you've earnt to reward yourself for that hard work. if you can't afford a lambourghini or any kind of fancy car without finance, then you shouldn't be buying one at all. it's a way of getting into BIG trouble. if you are guaranteed to have 6 figures in your bank by 20, then wait until that happens! you get to live the "businessman high life" when you are actually earning the money to go with it! you don't pre emptively buy all the luxurious stuff because you think you might be earning x amount in a few years, especially things like cars which lose their value quickly. to be honest that isn't very smart in terms of business, seeing as you seem to think you're the expert.

I'm just trying to help you see what moronic thing to do this if. if you have to learn that the hard way then please be my guest. i think employers would be more impressed by your work ethic and what you do for the company personally and would be unimpressed by you buying a car you can't afford since it doesn't show the most sensible outlook.
(edited 6 years ago)
Another point you may not like driving or you could be one who takes ages to pass. You should just do what everyone else does and have a cheap car that can go from A to B. Having a super good car at such a young age kinda makes you look like a prick with way too much money imo
Original post by jackbus
Another point you may not like driving or you could be one who takes ages to pass. You should just do what everyone else does and have a cheap car that can go from A to B. Having a super good car at such a young age kinda makes you look like a prick with way too much money imo

I think he's probably the opposite. He'll floor it all the time and lose either his license, his car or his life. I sincerely hope it's the first.
Original post by TheMindGarage
I think he's probably the opposite. He'll floor it all the time and lose either his license, his car or his life. I sincerely hope it's the first.

Yeah I know but its still possible. I for one love cars but really dislike driving ever since I started.

I too hope it is the first and I can't see how that won't happen if he is dead set on having such a fast car...
Why do people keep saying buy a house or go on holiday? I understand that houses are a good investment but CBA with that, you'll be paying ur mortgage off for about 20 years unless u got bare cash. How is going on holiday similar to driving a nice car? OP u are actually retarded, ur on 15k and u wanna drive a gtr. Don't waste all ur money for the next 10 years. Go buy a fiesta ST or an M4 after a few more years and save some P's to start a business or something. Don't gas about being a high flying business man when ur on 15k, I could make that if I started working mad hours at my Tesco.
Original post by Khanman123
Why do people keep saying buy a house or go on holiday? I understand that houses are a good investment but CBA with that, you'll be paying ur mortgage off for about 20 years unless u got bare cash. How is going on holiday similar to driving a nice car? OP u are actually retarded, ur on 15k and u wanna drive a gtr. Don't waste all ur money for the next 10 years. Go buy a fiesta ST or an M4 after a few more years and save some P's to start a business or something. Don't gas about being a high flying business man when ur on 15k, I could make that if I started working mad hours at my Tesco.

His 15k is probably pre-tax as well xD.

Maybe he should just buy a GT-R badge...
:rofl: Moved to Cars and Motoring.
Reply 29
OP is a blatant troll.

You can't get finance at 17 because it's not legal, and there isnt a single insurance underwriter in the country that would insure it.

End thread.
Reply 30
This thread is full of savage replies and it's giving me a good chuckle on the train home. :rofl:

Ah, OP, you sound like a naive fool.
Reply 31
Thanks for further screwing up my YouTube suggestions, mate. :colonhash:
I'm 18 and i drive a ford fiesta ST-3 my insurance was just under £2000 without a black box. I looked at the insurance for an Audi R8 ... the quote was £21,000.... good luck with that mate.
To put it bluntly OP, unless you are the child of aristocracy or of a millionaire, you have no chance
That's how it ends, when someone buys a super fast car instantly, instead of going "one step at time" approach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPNvoW9RYHE

I was very into cars, learned theoretically everything I could about driving, started from Panda 1.1 and I'm glad I did not have anything faster as my first car.

After some time I've upgraded to a car that has just 103HP, but only 1000kg of weight and rear wheel drive, (for example Mazda MX-5 Mk.II has similar parameters) and my experience was that the car was a devil. Again, I was glad that it doesn't have more than these 103HP. Put to the edge on track was a lot of fun, but if it had more power, I would have crashed it probably.
Original post by PTMalewski
That's how it ends, when someone buys a super fast car instantly, instead of going "one step at time" approach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPNvoW9RYHE

I was very into cars, learned theoretically everything I could about driving, started from Panda 1.1 and I'm glad I did not have anything faster as my first car.

After some time I've upgraded to a car that has just 103HP, but only 1000kg of weight and rear wheel drive, (for example Mazda MX-5 Mk.II has similar parameters) and my experience was that the car was a devil. Again, I was glad that it doesn't have more than these 103HP. Put to the edge on track was a lot of fun, but if it had more power, I would have crashed it probably.

That's exactly how it should be done. The less power you have, the more oftne you can floor it. I can floor it in my vehicle pretty much all the time because it's a pedal bike xD. Driving a Lamborghini on the road is an excercise in restraint.
Original post by Richard0328
Sir Alan Sugar enjoys a laugh. Can anyone send him a link to this thread?

I dont know about sir alan sugar but this thread has certainly made me laugh.

There are a lot better ways of impressing your employers than getting a flash car (e.g. working hard and being good at your job). Having a flash car will only make you look like an idiot.
Original post by Emma:-)
I dont know about sir alan sugar but this thread has certainly made me laugh.

He might consider saving up his 15k per year and go on holiday. I would strongly recommend visiting planet earth at this time of year :biggrin:
i want a really nice car at 17 but how much would it cost monthly if its even possible?

maybe an Audi r8 or nissan gtr if any of those are viable.

:facepalm:retard alert

Quick Reply

Latest