The Student Room Group

Is sex really important to women?

There was this guy I know who had lost his whole penis after a work injury. The other guys and me felt a lot of pity and we were horrified for him. His female friends however all started laughing at him, even to his face. They'd crack jokes about it, they treated it as if he had only lost a fingernail. When they saw the other guys accosting them for it, they were stunned. They couldn't understand what the big deal was. The girls were very confused at why guys thought the penis was so important, it seemed in their minds the loss of his penis was a big "meh", so they didn't even see any harm in laughing about it. The girls started discussing it with each other, trying to make up theories of why this was even be a big deal to guys, they said "maybe guys are taught from when they're little boys that the penis is so important, so their upbringing must affect how they view it". Of course the truth is it's a male instinct cause sex is extremely important to men, like food and air.

Scroll to see replies

I'm calling bs on this story. I know sociopaths exist but this seems a bit unreal for me.
Reply 2
Original post by Funkymintbrother
I'm calling bs on this story. I know sociopaths exist but this seems a bit unreal for me.

I'm 100% certain these girls aren't sociopaths
I don't but Callum Boyce's mum can take my dick in a work accident anytime
they are f****d up thats why .. i have alot of pity for that guy too
Original post by ZouzouIbba
I'm 100% certain these girls aren't sociopaths

Well they're certainly misandrists. Ask them how they would feel if they lost one of their breasts or had their vaginas permanently closed. If they can't display any sense of empathy here, then there is certainly something wrong with them. Psychopathy, sociopathy, narcissism...I dunno, but something just isn't right with them. Maybe feminism ****ed them up a bit? Assuming your story is true, I guess this could be a result of how the suffering of men is now portrayed as trivial or just not given any serious concern in the media.

EDIT: Your story isn't that unbelievable actually. The *****es on this talk-show were all laughing hysterically at a man who had his penis cut off by his wife. [video="youtube;lDjUjhexTQk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDjUjhexTQk[/video]

Now imagine if the roles were reversed, and it was he who cut her breast off? These ********s would be calling for execution for god's sake.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6

Sharon Osborne (and others on a panel) was on a TV show a few years back laughing at some guy whose wife cut off his penis because he wanted to divorce her. While they might be sociopaths too, it shows that the disregard for a man's penis isn't rare, and is at least somewhat acceptable.

There was this guy I know who had lost his whole penis after a work injury. The other guys and me felt a lot of pity and we were horrified for him. His female friends however all started laughing at him, even to his face. They'd crack jokes about it, they treated it as if he had only lost a fingernail. When they saw the other guys accosting them for it, they were stunned. They couldn't understand what the big deal was. The girls were very confused at why guys thought the penis was so important, it seemed in their minds the loss of his penis was a big "meh", so they didn't even see any harm in laughing about it. The girls started discussing it with each other, trying to make up theories of why this was even be a big deal to guys, they said "maybe guys are taught from when they're little boys that the penis is so important, so their upbringing must affect how they view it". Of course the truth is it's a male instinct cause sex is extremely important to men, like food and air.

Ask your female friends how they feel about FGM (or a work injury that resulted in losing their ability to have and enjoy sex).
Reply 7
Well they're certainly misandrists. Ask them how they would feel if they lost one of their breasts or had their vaginas permanently closed. If they can't display any sense of empathy here, then there is certainly something wrong with them. Psychopathy, sociopathy, narcissism...I dunno, but something just isn't right with them. Maybe feminism ****ed them up a bit? Assuming your story is true, I guess this could be a result of how the suffering of men is now portrayed as trivial or just not given any serious concern in the media.

Actually I personally know one of these girls. She keeps ranting on facebook about how feminists are disgusting cause they walk naked in protests.

Also I think they're trump supporters, but that's only based on their background. I'm not sure.
Original post by ThomH97
Sharon Osborne (and others on a panel) was on a TV show a few years back laughing at some guy whose wife cut off his penis because he wanted to divorce her. While they might be sociopaths too, it shows that the disregard for a man's penis isn't rare, and is at least somewhat acceptable.

Yeah I just remembered that incident and edited my previous post accordingly.
Actually I personally know one of these girls. She keeps ranting on facebook about how feminists are disgusting cause they walk naked in protests.

Then they're just complete dumbasses. They don't even have the excuse of feminist mind corruption. They just lack empathy because they're sexist.
Maybe feminism ****ed them up a bit?

I don't think feminism ****ed them up... I doubt someone who truly believed in gender equality would put a man down like that or dismiss any suffering as nonsense. But you're right, they seem to lack empathy. I get why a guy would be upset if a guy lost his penis. Similar to how in some countries, women are forced to undergo female genital mutiliation, which is never classed as 'funny' or 'amusing'. It's not a great comparison, as FGM is not accidental and can cause health problems, but what's to say that losing a penis won't cause health problems also?
Reply 11
I think males in society are generally seen as more expendable, and this is a symptom of that. Also, studies have shown that women have strong in-group bias, and it makes sense this will be amplified when women are literally, well, in groups. If he met one female friend alone she probably wouldn't be cracking jokes like this. People are extremely capable of dehumanizing others in these sorts of contexts. Indeed, you see it in the hideous Sharon Osborne clip, she's surrounded by women, and at that moment she doesn't think of the man as a person with his own feelings and thoughts and identity and whatever, she has disconnected herself from that.
Reply 12
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I think males in society are generally seen as more expendable, and this is a symptom of that. Also, studies have shown that women have strong in-group bias, and it makes sense this will be amplified when women are literally, well, in groups. If he met one female friend alone she probably wouldn't be cracking jokes like this. People are extremely capable of dehumanizing others in these sorts of contexts. Indeed, you see it in the hideous Sharon Osborne clip, she's surrounded by women, and at that moment she doesn't think of the man as a person with his own feelings and thoughts and identity and whatever, she has disconnected herself from that.

I disagree. If he had lost his arm, part of his face, or even just his fingers, I highly doubt they would have laughed. It's specifically because it was the penis that was lost.
What a load of utter bull.
Reply 14
I disagree. If he had lost his arm, part of his face, or even just his fingers, I highly doubt they would have laughed. It's specifically because it was the penis that was lost.

I think the fact it's the penis is what makes it funny to them, but they still would empathize less with a guy losing his arm than a woman. However I suppose it would of course be easier for them to understand the struggle of someone losing a gender-neutral body part and natural human empathy might do it's job in that situation.
Reply 15
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I think the fact it's the penis is what makes it funny to them, but they still would empathize less with a guy losing his arm than a woman. However I suppose it would of course be easier for them to understand the struggle of someone losing a gender-neutral body part and natural human empathy might do it's job in that situation.

Well again, it's not about them "lacking the body part therefore they don't empathize". Women don't have tails but they would not lack empathy for a dog if it had its tail cut off. Similarly men do not have breasts but they would not lack empathy for a woman who had her breasts cut off.
How would those girls like it to have FGM performed on them... It wouldn't be so funny after that.
Reply 17
Original post by Unown Uzer
How would those girls like it to have FGM performed on them, so that they lose their clitorises? It wouldn't be so funny after that.

I think you mean female circumcision? The only equivalent to cutting off a penis is if you put a chainsaw through a vagina
I think you mean female circumcision? The only equivalent to cutting off a penis is if you put a chainsaw through a vagina

In the most extreme cases of FGM the clitoris is removed which is the equivalent of a penis in woman.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
In the most extreme cases of FGM the clitoris is removed which is the equivalent of a penis in woman.

The vagina is the equivalent of the penis.

Latest

Trending

Trending