The Student Room Group

Entry to Medicine with Okey UKCAT score

I've just finished my as levels and only recently my UKCAT. I was wondering if the following stats would be good enough for either Kings College, Bristol, Queen Mary, and St George's;
GCSE: 12 A* 1A
UKCAT: 2880 (720 avg) band 3 sjt
A LEVELS taken: Bio Chem Maths Physics, am hoping for all As, And hopefully at least s A* predictions
Undertaken lots of work experience and volunteered at a care home for the elderly for 1 year going twice weekly.
I was wondering if this would be good enough for the above universities, the main reason being I feel I have underperformed with my SJT.
Thanks for any help
Reply 1
Your Gcses and hopefully A star predictions would you give a good chance at the above mentioned unis
Reply 2
Original post by Meltend
Your Gcses and hopefully A star predictions would you give a good chance at the above mentioned unis

Ah thank you! Do you think the SJT score will disadvantage me too much??
Reply 3
It depends how much emphasis each university places on SJT score the best way to find that out is check their website or contact them.

You have very good GCSE grades and good work experience and good predictions which outweigh your SJT score.
Reply 4
Original post by Rj2018
I've just finished my as levels and only recently my UKCAT. I was wondering if the following stats would be good enough for either Kings College, Bristol, Queen Mary, and St George's;
GCSE: 12 A* 1A
UKCAT: 2880 (720 avg) band 3 sjt
A LEVELS taken: Bio Chem Maths Physics, am hoping for all As, And hopefully at least s A* predictions
Undertaken lots of work experience and volunteered at a care home for the elderly for 1 year going twice weekly.
I was wondering if this would be good enough for the above universities, the main reason being I feel I have underperformed with my SJT.
Thanks for any help

Congrats they are brilliant scores.

I know Kings looks at SJT for the GEM course, but not sure if they do for the UGM course.

How did you do prepare for UKCAT, I can't seem to get any quicker! Any tips?
Reply 5
Original post by Meltend
It depends how much emphasis each university places on SJT score the best way to find that out is check their website or contact them.

You have very good GCSE grades and good work experience and good predictions which outweigh your SJT score.

Thanks so much - I've contact all the universities above but they all seem to say it will be used in borderline cases! So I'm just going to hope for the best!
Reply 6
Original post by 123ash
Congrats they are brilliant scores.

I know Kings looks at SJT for the GEM course, but not sure if they do for the UGM course.

How did you do prepare for UKCAT, I can't seem to get any quicker! Any tips?

All I can say is use questions banks that are online as these will get you up to par with timings - especially those with the ukcat calculator!
Reply 7
Original post by Rj2018
All I can say is use questions banks that are online as these will get you up to par with timings - especially those with the ukcat calculator!

Would recommend ISC book too
Reply 8
Original post by Rj2018
Would recommend ISC book too

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending