The Student Room Group

I like this girl but don't know what to do, help?

Basically, I really like this girl and I think she likes me too but we're 200 miles apart . we've known each other for about 7 weeks now and speak every day. I wanna keep speaking to her but it hurts that she's too far away and I don't think we can be friends. Should I just stop talking to her or keep talking to her. She really wants to keep speaking to me but I don't know what to do. How do you get over someone if you keep speaking to them? Help :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jm012
Basically, I really like this girl and I think she likes me too but we're 200 miles apart . we've known each other for about 7 weeks now and speak every day. I wanna keep speaking to her but it hurts that she's too far away and I don't think we can be friends. Should I just stop talking to her or keep talking to her. She really wants to keep speaking to me but I don't know what to do. How do you get over someone if you keep speaking to them? Help :smile:

Skype her then. You can talk and see her then.

If she wants to still stop talking, just stop talking then.

Time heals all wounds
Reply 2
Original post by SGHD26716
Skype her then. You can talk and see her then.

If she wants to still stop talking, just stop talking then.

Time heals all wounds

We FaceTime quite a lot but there's nothing I can do about the feelings is there? No point in being in a long distance relationship as they never work. Also she wants to keep taking, I just don't know if I want to keep speaking to her as I wanna be more than friends but I don't think we can 👍
Reply 3
Original post by Jm012
We FaceTime quite a lot but there's nothing I can do about the feelings is there? No point in being in a long distance relationship as they never work. Also she wants to keep taking, I just don't know if I want to keep speaking to her as I wanna be more than friends but I don't think we can 👍

My parents were in a long distance relationship-- 2500 miles.

They've been married 20 years
Reply 4
My parents were in a long distance relationship-- 2500 miles.

They've been married 20 years

Wow, did they start off in a long distance relationship??
Reply 5
Original post by Jm012
Wow, did they start off in a long distance relationship??

HUGE DISCLAIMER: this was an arranged marriage
Reply 6
HUGE DISCLAIMER: this was an arranged marriage

Well that doesn't help at all 😂 Do you rekon I tell her how I feel tho or will it just ruin things?
Reply 7
Original post by Jm012
Well that doesn't help at all 😂 Do you rekon I tell her how I feel tho or will it just ruin things?

If I were in your position, I would tell her. This is because there are 3 things that could happen

1) you don't tell her and lose contact
2) you tell her and she's not interested so you lose contact
3) you tell her and she is interested in you.

I would tell her. At least you'll know and won't regret anything.
Reply 8
If I were in your position, I would tell her. This is because there are 3 things that could happen

1) you don't tell her and lose contact
2) you tell her and she's not interested so you lose contact
3) you tell her and she is interested in you.

I would tell her. At least you'll know and won't regret anything.

I think I'll tell her but even if she is interested, do you think travelling 7/8 hours to see her would be too much? Is it too much of a distance??
Reply 9
Original post by Jm012
I think I'll tell her but even if she is interested, do you think travelling 7/8 hours to see her would be too much? Is it too much of a distance??

It's all down to you; I don't know how much you like her.

Also, worry about the small details later and ask her. Where there's a will there's a way
Reply 10
It's all down to you; I don't know how much you like her.

Also, worry about the small details later and ask her. Where there's a will there's a way

I like her quite a lot tbh. And thanks for the advice mate, appreciate it 👍
Reply 11
Original post by Jm012
I like her quite a lot tbh. And thanks for the advice mate, appreciate it 👍

Go for it then and good luck
Reply 12
Go for it then and good luck

I will and thankyou 👍
Original post by Jm012

You can meet in the middle
Reply 14
Original post by yaspaksoy
You can meet in the middle

Yeah I guess, let's hope she's interested like
All I can say is good luck :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by qasim_96
All I can say is good luck :smile:

Niceone 👍
if you can make a long distance relationship work, your relationship will be stronk.

Spoiler

Good luck 🍀👍
Reply 19
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Good luck 🍀👍

Thankyou :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending