The Student Room Group

stuck in an accomidation contract and dont have the funds to be able to pay it

Hi recently I discovered that I had failed my first year at uni, this got me thinking about other opportunities and I decided I won't be going back for another year, however, I have signed a contract for accommodation next year, while talking to the company I'm letting from I found out that I I will have to pay the full years rent. I simply cannot afford this. if anyone has advice I would love to hear from you

Oliver Rowe
Reply 1
Original post by Oli Rowe
Hi recently I discovered that I had failed my first year at uni, this got me thinking about other opportunities and I decided I won't be going back for another year, however, I have signed a contract for accommodation next year, while talking to the company I'm letting from I found out that I I will have to pay the full years rent. I simply cannot afford this. if anyone has advice I would love to hear from you

Oliver Rowe

Read the contract carefully - you may be able to find a replacement tenant who can take over the contract. If not, there may be other reasons you can terminate. But if not, you'll have to pay what you agreed to.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
Read the contract carefully - you may be able to find a replacement tenant who can take over the contract. If not, there may be other reasons you can terminate. But if not, you'll have to pay what you agreed to.

I'm in no position to find another tenant, the uni is the other side of the country, and I have read it carefully, if there was an easy get out clause I wouldn't be asking online
Reply 3
Original post by Oli Rowe
I'm in no position to find another tenant, the uni is the other side of the country, and I have read it carefully, if there was an easy get out clause I wouldn't be asking online

Well, what do you want people on the internet to do? I mean, you could use the internet to try to find a tenant - but if you won't, there's nothing more to suggest.
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
Well, what do you want people on the internet to do? I mean, you could use the internet to try to find a tenant - but if you won't, there's nothing more to suggest.

preferably advice other than the obvious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending