The Student Room Group

College course chage...

So i finished my first year but have been getting e and u in my a levels which is why iv'e decided to change my a levels and do a business btec level 3 extended diploma next year . This would mean restarting my year 12 again. I don't want to do something for two years which i know i can't do and waste my time. Is it worth it?
Also i have checked my university course and they do accept level 3 btec extended courses!
Help!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Beautystyle12
So i finished my first year but have been getting e and u in my a levels which is why iv'e decided to change my a levels and do a business btec level 3 extended diploma next year . This would mean restarting my year 12 again. I don't want to do something for two years which i know i can't do and waste my time. Is it worth it?
Also i have checked my university course and they do accept level 3 btec extended courses!
Help!!!!

You need to think about why you did badly in your A Levels. If it was just the style of course that you didn't cope with then a BTEC will be a good option - but you need to be honest, because if it's due to lack of effort or work then a BTEC won't magically fix things. Many people complete BTECs so they are possible, but you'll need to be prepared to work hard.
Original post by Juno
You need to think about why you did badly in your A Levels. If it was just the style of course that you didn't cope with then a BTEC will be a good option - but you need to be honest, because if it's due to lack of effort or work then a BTEC won't magically fix things. Many people complete BTECs so they are possible, but you'll need to be prepared to work hard.

I literally put 1.5 hrs a day for each a level a day except Saturday and Sunday and that doesn't inclde the 2hrs or so free I had during my college scheduled. I want to do a BTEC science at another college and have contacted them although admission is too late. I wouldn't mind doing BTEC Business. Thanks for supporting me.:smile:
Original post by Juno

Also for one of my A-Levels I haven't had a teacher for 8 months and counting. So I couldn't learn new content as I didn't know what needed to be studied and revised. It's unfair but I hope everything goes well for me because I am panicking for my future. :s-smilie:
Reply 4
I literally put 1.5 hrs a day for each a level a day except Saturday and Sunday and that doesn't inclde the 2hrs or so free I had during my college scheduled. I want to do a BTEC science at another college and have contacted them although admission is too late. I wouldn't mind doing BTEC Business. Thanks for supporting me.:smile:

Also for one of my A-Levels I haven't had a teacher for 8 months and counting. So I couldn't learn new content as I didn't know what needed to be studied and revised. It's unfair but I hope everything goes well for me because I am panicking for my future. :s-smilie:

Not having a teacher may explain why you did badly in that one subject - but it's still concerning that you did badly in the others, especially if you put that much work in. So why do you think you got those results?
Original post by Juno
Not having a teacher may explain why you did badly in that one subject - but it's still concerning that you did badly in the others, especially if you put that much work in. So why do you think you got those results?

I am not sure? I think for Psychology I got confused with the topics and sections in one topic which means when I was answering the mock exam answers associated with that specific topic/word i answered it wrong because the answer wanted specific answer. For example the psycho dynamic approach in approaches psychology- I mixed Wundt- father of psychology and Freud -psycho sexual stages up.
For sociology- No teacher. Didn't know how to answer essays with structure etc.
English- I always mess up with the structure and can't apply why the writer etc uses a simile. I can only mention that a simile is being used.

I feel so depressed at the moment and don't even know what I want to do in UNIVERSITY. :s-smilie:
Thanks for hearing me out.
Also what does PS stand for underneath your name- or is it an abbreviation? If its personal leave it.
I hope you can help and encourage me because at this moment I am very down.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest