The Student Room Group

Possible to pass my test in like 2 months ??

Kinda wanna pass my test before I go back to uni in mid September. I had one lesson today and then I have another 2 hours this Wednesday and then I intend on doing at least 2 hours each week basically
Do you think it's feasible
Original post by fefssdf
Kinda wanna pass my test before I go back to uni in mid September. I had one lesson today and then I have another 2 hours this Wednesday and then I intend on doing at least 2 hours each week basically

Hey, so I had a similar plan - i started learning how to drive 2 weeks ago and wanted to finish my practical before university (I'm also doing 2 hours a week) - my instructor basically said it'll take at least between 4-6 months, if not a year, to pass so i'm not sure if that's a universal thing. There's some intense driving course thing which you could try for beginners? Not sure how long that'll take

Theory on the other hand can be done quicker though.
it took me a year to pass, and my sister, and most people i know
however if you do an intensive course its possible, my friend passed in a week and my cousin in 4 days!
My boyfriend passed in 2 months and he had a few 2 hour lessons and some 1 hour lessons. It is unlikely but really just depends on how quick you pick it up. If you can afford some learner insurance and have a willing volunteer to do some private lessons that helps so much. My boyfriend has driven motorbikes since he was little though, so he picked up some confidence there. Best of luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Ze Witcher
Hey, so I had a similar plan - i started learning how to drive 2 weeks ago and wanted to finish my practical before university (I'm also doing 2 hours a week) - my instructor basically said it'll take at least between 4-6 months, if not a year, to pass so i'm not sure if that's a universal thing. There's some intense driving course thing which you could try for beginners? Not sure how long that'll take

Idk my instructor today seemed quite confident and I mean this week I've got another two hours and so I'd have done 3 hours and then I'm gonna try and get another 4 hours done next week hopefully ... I don't have much planned this summer besides one holiday in mid August so I should be able to do at least 2-4 hours a week for the next maybe 8 weeks till I go back to uni
Reply 5
Original post by slowdive
My boyfriend passed in 2 months and he had a few 2 hour lessons and some 1 hour lessons. It is unlikely but really just depends on how quick you pick it up. If you can afford some learner insurance and have a willing volunteer to do some private lessons that helps so much. My boyfriend has driven motorbikes since he was little though, so he picked up some confidence there. Best of luck :smile:

Yeh I don't have anyone who drives like even my parents don't drive
Reply 6
Original post by aleksceramics
it took me a year to pass, and my sister, and most people i know
however if you do an intensive course its possible, my friend passed in a week and my cousin in 4 days!

Really that does seem reallly long tbh like I'm gonna be doing maybe 4 hours of lessons a week to do it haha
Reply 7
Original post by fefssdf

It's possible if you're a quick leaner. It really does depend on the person because sometimes for some people it can take very long.
Reply 8

I'd say try and get your instructor to pick up the pace a bit cause basically one person I had the other day only allowed me to go into first gear and this was a 1 hour lesson and it seemed a bit riducjous if I'm honest and then in today's lesson I was going to second gear and stopping and turning ect and changing gears like we did so much more work haha
I passed after two weeks of lessons - an intensive course of 2 hours a day, so yeah, it's possible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Potato456
I passed after two weeks of lessons - an intensive course of 2 hours a day, so yeah, it's possible!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yeh I should be doing between 2-4 hours per week so I feel like it's doable. Got another 2 hours on Wednesday and then should be able to book 4 hours for next week as well as my instructor said all his lessons are 2 hours
Original post by fefssdf
I'd say try and get your instructor to pick up the pace a bit cause basically one person I had the other day only allowed me to go into first gear and this was a 1 hour lesson and it seemed a bit riducjous if I'm honest and then in today's lesson I was going to second gear and stopping and turning ect and changing gears like we did so much more work haha

Yh i'll probs ask my instructor to speeden up a bit - he was slow at the start at progressing me yh

Seems like we're at a similar stage haha - have you finished your left/right hand turns lesson?
Reply 12
Yh i'll probs ask my instructor to speeden up a bit - he was slow at the start at progressing me yh

Seems like we're at a similar stage haha - have you finished your left/right hand turns lesson?

I did left hand turns today and next time I'm gonna do right hand turns and also roundabouts
Original post by fefssdf

I had a similar plan last year, and it didn't work. Obviously that doesn't mean the same for you but in order to pass in 2 months, I think you'll need around 4hrs a week minimum. You should also consider booking your test in advance, but instructors are a bit sceptical about this because they like for their students to book it when you're actually of test standard so you may find yourself searching for cancellations. You'll also probably need to pass first time, which is of course very possible. I think around 50% of people pass first time, if I'm not mistaken
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by fefssdf

If you're asking about whether you can get up to the standard for a driving test, then yes, because from personal experience, I started mid October and was ready for my test by the end of December.

If you can get the test booked and complete is a different question (I had to wait until the end of January) :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by cherryred90s
I had a similar plan last year, and it didn't work. Obviously that doesn't mean the same for you but in order to pass in 2 months, I think you'll need around 4hrs a week minimum. You should also consider booking your test in advance, but instructors are a bit sceptical about this because they like for their students to book it when you're actually of test standard so you may find yourself searching for cancellations. You'll also probably need to pass first time, which is of course very possible. I think around 50% of people pass first time, if I'm not mistaken

Yeh I plan on doing 4 hours a week as all my lessons are 2 hours long so I'm gonna book 2 lessons per week and also I have another instructor but she isn't that good however I already paid for block bookings from her so I will randomly book some extra lessons with her which I can use as like some more practice between the other lessons with the guy who actually knows what he's doing and can progress through quickly.
Original post by fefssdf
Yeh I plan on doing 4 hours a week as all my lessons are 2 hours long so I'm gonna book 2 lessons per week and also I have another instructor but she isn't that good however I already paid for block bookings from her so I will randomly book some extra lessons with her which I can use as like some more practice between the other lessons with the guy who actually knows what he's doing and can progress through quickly.

Yeah then it's possible with 4hrs a week. Just don't put too much pressure on yourself and try not to squeeze in a test date if you know that you're not ready for it
Reply 17
Original post by cherryred90s
Yeah then it's possible with 4hrs a week. Just don't put too much pressure on yourself and try not to squeeze in a test date if you know that you're not ready for it

I think idk if I book it for like September it should be doable. I have my theory booked so like next week lmao so I need to do some intense revision for that basically aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending