The Student Room Group

Is there anything that a southerner/northerner does you find annoying/weird?

Scroll to see replies

I have the luxury of living in the brilliant Midlands- I am convinced pretty much everyone hates us.
Somewhere around Birmingham the word 'the' seems to disappear and didnt make it any further north :lol:
Are they importing your wife, or are you going to marry someone currently in Britain
Original post by qasim_96
Yes since they have to arrange my marriage.
When you go up north and find that people actually try and talk to you :unimpressed:

We do that a fair bit.
Original post by Getinthegutter
I have the luxury of living in the brilliant Midlands- I am convinced pretty much everyone hates us.

No such thing! You pick a side! :lol: :tongue:
Yes since they have to arrange my marriage.

Do they have to? I'm in no way trying to be a dick (sorry if it comes across as a stupid question) Just wondering!
Are they importing your wife, or are you going to marry someone currently in Britain

She'll be an import. Fresh off the boat.

Original post by Piña colada
We do that a fair bit.

It surprises me. Us southerners don't talk to each other cause we're socially awkward.
Original post by Jack22031994
Must be a London thing as Im from the South West and we use it here!

Definitely a Londoner thing then ahaha
No such thing! You pick a side! :lol: :tongue:

**** off we are not south obsessed pompous southerners, quite equally we are not northerners- I'm glad of this fact as there accent annoys the **** out of me
Original post by Boredom101
Definitely a Londoner thing then ahaha

Yeah haha. I do like London though.

**** off we are not south obsessed pompous southerners, quite equally we are not northerners- I'm glad of this fact as there accent annoys the **** out of me

Calm down, I was only joking :tongue: and its their* if youre going to have that attitude
Do they have to? I'm in no way trying to be a dick (sorry if it comes across as a stupid question) Just wondering!

I'm only joking but if they want to get me married then I'm just gonna leave it to them to do all the work :laugh:
She'll be an import. Fresh off the boat.

It surprises me. Us southerners don't talk to each other cause we're socially awkward.

Yeah, I have done it in Devon a few times and had some weird stares.
I'm only joking but if they want to get me married then I'm just gonna leave it to them to do all the work :laugh:

Fairs :laugh:

Calm down, I was only joking :tongue: and its their* if youre going to have that attitude

I'm getting territorial over my area we are neither.

What if you do not like the partner they marry you to? No offence but some people only do arranged marriages for immigration status.
Original post by Piña colada
Yeah, I have done it in Devon a few times and had some weird stares.

:laugh:

What if you do not like the partner they marry you to? No offence but some people only do arranged marriages for immigration status.

They'll find a way for you to like them. Don't worry about that :laugh:
Southerners shove the letter "r" into many words? Barth? Largh? And don't get me started on how they pronounce scone...
A lot of people down South seem to have an attitude problem.

Wherabouts are you from in the south? :smile:
Original post by Boredom101
Wherabouts are you from in the south? :smile:

A small town in Wiltshire :smile:

Whereabouts in London you from?

Quick Reply

Latest