The Student Room Group

Is there anything that a southerner/northerner does you find annoying/weird?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jack22031994
A small town in Wiltshire :smile:

Whereabouts in London you from?

I have a few friends that live in Wiltshire! It's near Bath right?..
I live in Kensington :smile:
How some up north pronounce their a's!
Reply 42
Why does Birmingham/Liverpool happen to be one of the few cities where JD Sports has an eveningwear department?
Original post by Boredom101
I have a few friends that live in Wiltshire! It's near Bath right?..
I live in Kensington :smile:

ah cool! Whereabouts? and yeah not far! (depending where in the county you are lol. Not far for me but for Salisbury would be ages!)

Ah fancy! My ex lived in Kensington for ten years but lives in Wimbledon now (She went to school in Knightsbridge)
Original post by qasim_96
I will have to tell them I'm straight for the last question. Don't wanna be killed.

Lol, that's so true.
Being born and raised in S. London - you'd be shocked to find there are no Morleys, just fish and chip or kebab grill bars when you step out the ends...
She'll be an import. Fresh off the boat.

It surprises me. Us southerners don't talk to each other cause we're socially awkward.

😂😂😂👌👌👌
Original post by TheAlchemistress
😂😂😂👌👌👌

She'll be here to claim that British passport then leave me once she gets one.
ah cool! Whereabouts? and yeah not far! (depending where in the county you are lol. Not far for me but for Salisbury would be ages!)

Ah fancy! My ex lived in Kensington for ten years but lives in Wimbledon now (She went to school in Knightsbridge)

Wow thats super interesting! Omg Knightsbridge is so close to me, I live in South Kensington. Wimbledon is such a nice area as well, I personally love it.
Some of my them live in Warminster and the others live in Chippenham (I think thats what both counties are called anyway).
She'll be here to claim that British passport then leave me once she gets one.

THATS SO TRUE 😂😂😂
She will leave you to marry a gora.
THATS SO TRUE 😂😂😂
She will leave you to marry a gora.

Then I'll have to find another girl who's fresh off the boat to marry so she can claim that passport too. It'll be a never ending circle :lol:
Original post by Boredom101
Wow thats super interesting! Omg Knightsbridge is so close to me, I live in South Kensington. Wimbledon is such a nice area as well, I personally love it.
Some of my them live in Warminster and the others live in Chippenham (I think thats what both counties are called anyway).

Ah cool! Right near Harrods she went! Wimbledon is nice. Havent been for ages though

Ah cool. have never really been to Warminster, but I went to sixth form in Chippenham! Its my nearest Train Station! An hour into Paddington which is good :smile: and 10 mins into Bath and 25-30 to Bristol :smile:
Then I'll have to find another girl who's fresh off the boat to marry so she can claim that passport too. It'll be a never ending circle :lol:

I feel sorry for you, do you know what you should do? Run from the wedding, like those actors from Bollywood. 😂
I feel sorry for you, do you know what you should do? Run from the wedding, like those actors from Bollywood. 😂

When I said I want to help the poor this isn't what I had in mind :colonhash: I'll run away and move to a different country and change my identity 😂
When I said I want to help the poor this isn't what I had in mind :colonhash: I'll run away and move to a different country and change my identity 😂

Do that! But your parents will still want you to get married to a girl of their choice. Unless you runaway and get married with the girl of your choice.
Do that! But your parents will still want you to get married to a girl of their choice. Unless you runaway and get married with the girl of your choice.

Hmm... Get married to a girl of my choice? That's too difficult for me 😂 I'm gonna struggle to find anyone to like me. Arranged marriage here I come! 😂
Ah cool! Right near Harrods she went! Wimbledon is nice. Havent been for ages though

Ah cool. have never really been to Warminster, but I went to sixth form in Chippenham! Its my nearest Train Station! An hour into Paddington which is good :smile: and 10 mins into Bath and 25-30 to Bristol :smile:

Really? They've got great schools there, I used to go to school near Regent Street.
Woww you're in a super convenient location, everything seems accessible!
I've always wanted to go to Wiltshire! It seems like such a tranquil place, do you enjoy it there?
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
Southerners shove the letter "r" into many words? Barth? Largh? And don't get me started on how they pronounce scone...

We say loff for Laugh
Original post by BigMan Ting
Being born and raised in S. London - you'd be shocked to find there are no Morleys, just fish and chip or kebab grill bars when you step out the ends...

Definitely experienced this. I found it soooo HARD to find a decent chicken shop.
Hmm... Get married to a girl of my choice? That's too difficult for me 😂 I'm gonna struggle to find anyone to like me. Arranged marriage here I come! 😂

Then there goes a girl with a passport...

Quick Reply

Latest