The Student Room Group

I got Pass in Btec applied science level 3 (first year) :(

Hi guys,

I'm so stressed out, I got my result for Btec applied science level 3 (first year) and I achieved (PP) Pass.

Basically I did all the merits and passes even one distinction but handed all on the one week before the final deadline before BTEC Closed.

Is there any point to continue this course for second year? if I do continue what is the highest grade that I can achieve as overall grade?

Im thinking to study foundation year for optometry degree or dental Hygienist degree or biomedical science degree at uni.

if anyone can let me also know regards if there is any exam
involved in the new BTEC rule? I have done first year now I'm unsure about second year... PLEASE HELP.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yasmeenhoney
Hi guys,

I'm so stressed out, I got my result for Btec applied science level 3 (first year) and I achieved (PP) Pass.

Basically I did all the merits and passes even one distinction but handed all on the one week before the final deadline before BTEC Closed.

Is there any point to continue this course for second year? if I do continue what is the highest grade that I can achieve as overall grade?

Im thinking to study foundation year for optometry degree or dental Hygienist degree or biomedical science degree at uni.

involved in the new BTEC rule? I have done first year now I'm unsure about second year... PLEASE HELP.

I would redo the year.
Original post by ckfeister
I would redo the year.

If i was 17 years old that would be a right choice but however becouse of my age i do not want to redo.
Im 21.
If i was 17 years old that would be a right choice but however becouse of my age i do not want to redo.
Im 21.

I'm assuming 90-credit Diploma. What was the units you did and level? Not all units are usually level 3. Also the credits.

ex.

Unit 1, level 3, grade pass, credits 10.
(edited 6 years ago)
Don't worry too much. Make sure to work hard and get distinctions in the rest of your units. I am pretty sure you will have the chance to do the merits and distinctions that you didn't do this year. Speak to your course teacher and tell them that you are keen on getting a distinction
I'm assuming 90-credit Diploma. What was the units you did and level? Not all units are usually level 3. Also the credits.

ex.

Unit 1, level 3, grade pass, credits 10.

I did Btec Extended diploma in Applied Science, but since it was my first year it
was Diploma Level 3 90-credit Applied Science.

I got 60 ucas point PP
on the markbook college system it says like this:
Units included:
Unit 1 - Fundamentals of Science weight :10 level 3 (P)
Unit 2 - Working in the Science Industry weight: 10 level 3 (P)
Unit 3 - Scientific Investigations weight: 10 level 3 (P)
Unit 4 - Scientific Practical Techniques weight: 10 level 3 (P)
Unit 6 - Using Mathematical Tools in Science weight: 5 level 3 (P)
Unit 8 - Using Statistics in Science weight: 5 level 3 (P)
Unit 11 - Physiology of Human Body Systems weight:10 level 3 (P)
Unit 15 - Microbiological Techniques weight: 10 level 3 (P)
Unit 21 - Biomedical Science Techniques weight: 10 level 3 (P)
Unit 22 - Chemical Laboratory Techniques weight:10 level 3 (P)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by zaraiqbal18
Don't worry too much. Make sure to work hard and get distinctions in the rest of your units. I am pretty sure you will have the chance to do the merits and distinctions that you didn't do this year. Speak to your course teacher and tell them that you are keen on getting a distinction

Thankyou for your reponse,

Well from what i know no college allows to retake first year units on the second year.

i will go another college for my second year so my tutur will be different.
Thankyou for your reponse,

Well from what i know no college allows to retake first year units on the second year.

i will go another college for my second year so my tutur will be different.

Oh okay, because I have done applied science at my sixth form and we were allowed to do this.

I did Btec Extended diploma in Applied Science, but since it was my first year it
was Diploma Level 3 90-credit Applied Science.

I got 60 ucas point PP
on the markbook college system it says like this:
Units included:
Unit 1 - Fundamentals of Science weight :10 level 3 (P)
Unit 2 - Working in the Science Industry weight: 10 level 3 (P)
Unit 3 - Scientific Investigations weight: 10 level 3 (P)
Unit 4 - Scientific Practical Techniques weight: 10 level 3 (P)
Unit 6 - Using Mathematical Tools in Science weight: 5 level 3 (P)
Unit 8 - Using Statistics in Science weight: 5 level 3 (P)
Unit 11 - Physiology of Human Body Systems weight:10 level 3 (P)
Unit 15 - Microbiological Techniques weight: 10 level 3 (P)
Unit 21 - Biomedical Science Techniques weight: 10 level 3 (P)
Unit 22 - Chemical Laboratory Techniques weight:10 level 3 (P)

Oh your doing the same course as me, I got D* if you need help on organising you can PM me, from what I read you rushed at the end. You got 620 points this year, on the basis if you get Distinstion on every unit next year you'd get around DMM - PMM, depending on if all the credits are 10 and if they are all Level 3 (I'm sure they are) so it is still possible to get DMM-MMM. You'd then be able to go into a foundation year.

So just try to be more organised next year adapt around the problems, which I'm sure something happened in that year and you'll get DMM-MMM.
Oh your doing the same course as me, I got D* if you need help on organising you can PM me, from what I read you rushed at the end. You got 620 points this year, on the basis if you get Distinstion on every unit next year you'd get around DMM - PMM, depending on if all the credits are 10 and if they are all Level 3 (I'm sure they are) so it is still possible to get DMM-MMM. You'd then be able to go into a foundation year.

So just try to be more organised next year adapt around the problems, which I'm sure something happened in that year and you'll get DMM-MMM.

I was just wondering do you lot have exams for your btec?
Original post by nerdydicaprio

No, my year was the last not to.
Original post by nerdydicaprio

BTEC Science has examinations now.
True some colleges does the new BTEC which includes exams.However my college did not do the new btec weAt my college we did the old btec which includes no exams all coursework based.
I know it may not seem like but the fact you've passed is still a massive achievement and you should be proud of yourself.

I'm an adult with my own house and just finished my first year of btec level 3 extended diploma in animal management.

I was literally so stressed with all the course work in the first year but I continued to work hard even when it got tough and hoping to come out with D*D* when I finally get my results.

It is doable you just have to stay motivated, work hard, do all the criteria and try wherever possible to get work in on time. Some on my course this first year were terrible when it came to deadlines and doing work and will be lucky to pass.

In my second year I'm doing placement one day a week in a vets and attending night classes twice a week to to improve some of my GCSEs. Hopefully I won't have a meltdown 😂
Finally completed two years of BTEC applied science Level 3. Looking forward to get D*D*D*. However, disappointing that the course I wanted to apply to had currently changed its entry requirements and now need an A level Chemistry at B grade. 2 years wasted :frown:
Original post by smithy.nikky
Finally completed two years of BTEC applied science Level 3. Looking forward to get D*D*D*. However, disappointing that the course I wanted to apply to had currently changed its entry requirements and now need an A level Chemistry at B grade. 2 years wasted :frown:

Just be proud that you got D* D* D* ....
I just completed my year one and got PP .... now im stressed to contunie or redo BTEC.

i be 23 finishing btec if I redo year one again which is not a nice feeling.
Reply 16
I need help in unit 4 assignment B please the making of ethyl ethanoate

I need help on unit 4 laboratory techniques and their application assignment 4a
Original post by smithy.nikky

Hi guys,

please can you help me

Latest