The Student Room Group

Why are some people against homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

If you're straight, then why would you get triggered over gay couples on TV in the first place? It's not a conspiracy, it's a message to everyone else that Gay people do in fact exist, and that they lead normal lives like everyone else.
Original post by blue2337
Babes if they say they were turned gay by a TV show/celebrity..... chances are they were already gay.....

I have my opinion you have yours. Some people are on the fence
Original post by Anonymous
i am gay and christian and i actually agree with everything you have said above im not proud of what i am as i am going against god and my faith is so strong with god and i hope i am saved yh its true god made adam and eve not adam and steve but personally i cant help who i fall in love with i hope god forgives me

Falling in love with someone isn't a sin - where in the Bible does it even suggest that?
Original post by Goldfish4343
Or maybe it's because it is part of society?

I see them as bad as ISIS
Original post by Nathan Scott
Falling in love with someone isn't a sin - where in the Bible does it even suggest that?

Again you're confusing the terms. Loving someone is not a sin, having homosexual feelings for someone is not a sin. ACTING on those feelings is what makes them a sin and in the Bible people who engage in homosexual acts are regarded as evil and immoral.

Do the research for yourself.
Either for religious reasons, or because they don't think it's normal (which obviously means it's wrong huh :rolleyes:)
it is not normal for a child to be raised by only one gender

What do you think of single parents then?

Mate ,

Three angels visited Abraham, God's hand-picked founder of his chosen nation, Israel. They came disguised as men, travelers along the road. Two of them went down to Sodom and Gomorrah, to observe firsthand the wickedness in those cities.
The other visitor, who was the Lord, stayed behind. He revealed to Abraham that he was going to destroy the cities because of the evil ways of their people. Abraham, a special friend of the Lord, began to bargain with God to spare the cities if there were righteous people in them.
<br>

First, Abraham asked if the Lord would spare the cities if 50 righteous people lived there. The Lord said yes. Boldly, Abraham kept bargaining down, until God agreed not to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if even ten righteous people lived there. Then the Lord departed.
When the two angels arrived at Sodom that evening, Abraham's nephew Lot met them at the city gate. Lot and his family lived in Sodom. He took the two men to his home and fed them.
Then all the men of the city surrounded Lot's house and said, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them." (Genesis 19:5, NIV)
By ancient custom, the visitors were under Lot's protection. Lot was so infected by the wickedness of Sodom that he offered the homosexuals his two virgin daughters instead. Furious, the mob rushed up to break down the door.
The angels struck the rioters blind! Leading Lot, his wife, and two daughters by the hand, the angels hurried them out of the city.
The girls' fiancés would not listen and stayed behind.
Lot and his family fled to a tiny village called Zoar. The Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah, destroying the buildings, the people, and all the vegetation in the plain.
Lot's wife disobeyed the angels, looked back, and turned into a pillar of salt.
Have you read this christian story YOUR GOD DESTROYED A CITY FULL OF GAYS IS THAT OKAY TO YOU AND YOU COMMENT ON ISLAM THEN LOT WHOEVER HE IS HANDED HIS TWO VIRGIN DAUGHTERS straight up did the daughters even have a say.Isn't god not meant to cause harm till the day of judgement. Isn't God meant to be merciful your god contradicted everything about being a god
Original post by EternalLight
Again you're confusing the terms. Loving someone is not a sin, having homosexual feelings for someone is not a sin. ACTING on those feelings is what makes them a sin and in the Bible people who engage in homosexual acts are regarded as evil and immoral.

Do the research for yourself.

I have done research. And I was clearly replying to that person because they basically said that loving someone was a sin?
I have done research. And I was clearly replying to that person because they basically said that loving someone was a sin?

Your god destroyed a city full of people and children I am quite sure not everyone there could have been gay

Isn't god not meant to cause harm till the day of judgement. Isn't God meant to be merciful your god contradicted everything about being a god

Anyone can bring up verses from the Quran and make the same statement so careful there.
Original post by orderofthelotus
Anyone can bring up verses from the Quran and make the same statement so careful there.

I know the quran is against homosexuality as it flat out states you can't act upon being gay. However i hate the idea of catholic christians discriminating or hating on us just cause we dont support gay se* as they should not support it to if they follow the teachings of the Bible.
Do you think God created us to be gay? Gay people are quite the anomaly muslims aren't the only religious group against homosexuality CATHOLICS also despise it. Homosexuality is an abomination of nature it is not normal for a child to be raised by only one gender. Please do not convert to islam we dont need people like you.

Implying that single parents can't raise children equally as good (or better for that matter).
And don't worry the thought hasn't even crossed my mind :cool:

Mate ,

Three angels visited Abraham, God's hand-picked founder of his chosen nation, Israel. They came disguised as men, travelers along the road. Two of them went down to Sodom and Gomorrah, to observe firsthand the wickedness in those cities.
The other visitor, who was the Lord, stayed behind. He revealed to Abraham that he was going to destroy the cities because of the evil ways of their people. Abraham, a special friend of the Lord, began to bargain with God to spare the cities if there were righteous people in them.

<br>

First, Abraham asked if the Lord would spare the cities if 50 righteous people lived there. The Lord said yes. Boldly, Abraham kept bargaining down, until God agreed not to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if even ten righteous people lived there. Then the Lord departed.
When the two angels arrived at Sodom that evening, Abraham's nephew Lot met them at the city gate. Lot and his family lived in Sodom. He took the two men to his home and fed them.
Then all the men of the city surrounded Lot's house and said, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them." (Genesis 19:5, NIV)
By ancient custom, the visitors were under Lot's protection. Lot was so infected by the wickedness of Sodom that he offered the homosexuals his two virgin daughters instead. Furious, the mob rushed up to break down the door.
The angels struck the rioters blind! Leading Lot, his wife, and two daughters by the hand, the angels hurried them out of the city.
The girls' fiancés would not listen and stayed behind.
Lot and his family fled to a tiny village called Zoar. The Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah, destroying the buildings, the people, and all the vegetation in the plain.
Lot's wife disobeyed the angels, looked back, and turned into a pillar of salt.
Have you read this christian story YOUR GOD DESTROYED A CITY FULL OF GAYS IS THAT OKAY TO YOU AND YOU COMMENT ON ISLAM THEN LOT WHOEVER HE IS HANDED HIS TWO VIRGIN DAUGHTERS straight up did the daughters even have a say.Isn't god not meant to cause harm till the day of judgement. Isn't God meant to be merciful your god contradicted everything about being a god

You clearly don't understand the story - they raped the angels, obviously that is wrong! And they committed a bunch of other sins. Using Sodom and Gomorrah as examples against homosexuality clearly show your lack of knowledge on Christianity as a whole, stop cherry picking quotes. Kinda funny how anyone could do the exact same with your religion and justify anything.

Your god destroyed a city full of people and children I am quite sure not everyone there could have been gay

Are you even sure any of them were gay? Sex is sometimes used to assert dominance I'm sure even this you are capable of comprehending.
And what is your point regarding this? Obviously some of them would go to heaven.

Nice how you have to go on anon to show your messy opinion - care to show who you are? You clearly know you're wrong if your this insecure about your view.
Implying that single parents can't raise children equally as good (or better for that matter).
And don't worry the thought hasn't even crossed my mind :cool:

You clearly don't understand the story - they raped the angels, obviously that is wrong! And they committed a bunch of other sins. Using Sodom and Gomorrah as examples against homosexuality clearly show your lack of knowledge on Christianity as a whole, stop cherry picking quotes. Kinda funny how anyone could do the exact same with your religion and justify anything.

Are you even sure any of them were gay? Sex is sometimes used to assert dominance I'm sure even this you are capable of comprehending.
And what is your point regarding this? Obviously some of them would go to heaven.

Nice how you have to go on anon to show your messy opinion - care to show who you are? You clearly know you're wrong if your this insecure about your view.

Normal human beings raped ANGELS
I know the quran is against homosexuality as it flat out states you can't act upon being gay. However i hate the idea of catholic christians discriminating or hating on us just cause we dont support gay se* as they should not support it to if they follow the teachings of the Bible.

Maybe they're on Islam's back because of what happens to gay people in some parts of the world. Christians have stopped killing gay people on such a large scale. Muslims need to keep up.
I believe some people are against homo sexuality because of religious peer pressure or they find it 'weird'
There are radicals in every religion some more so than others ISLAM is not the only religion to hate against homo sexuality majority of muslims don't really care about it

Not all Christians are Catholic - and Catholicism tends to be more liberal than other sectors.

Normal human beings raped ANGELS

And your point is?

Thanks for ignoring everything else I said, I guess you don't have an answer since I proved you wrong.
Are you talking to me
Biblical doctrine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending