The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3760
Original post by Doonesbury
Does anyone bring in soft drinks? Why wouldn't they if they want to? There are many people who don't drink alcohol for religious or other reasons. It's no biggy.

PS. You can ask multiple questions in a single post :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry im lazy....i dont think ahead
Reply 3761
Original post by alow
It's a good shout. Easy to slip into a jacket pocket or small bag.

pfft its not the good stuff though. Pepsi is the real deal none of that pussy pesi max though that just tastes awful
Reply 3762
Original post by 11234
what does that mean i see people post it but cant work out what it means

It means you think that post was the best thing you've seen on the internet all day. Kind of a Champagne moment.

Post Rates Somewhere Over Maximum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3763
Original post by 11234
pfft its not the good stuff though. Pepsi is the real deal none of that pussy pesi max though that just tastes awful

I'm not sure anyone would notice if you brought a can in to be fair
Reply 3764
It means you think that post was the best thing you've seen on the internet all day. Kind of a Champagne moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow ok....psrom
Reply 3765
Original post by alow
I'm not sure anyone would notice if you brought a can in to be fair

what do you study if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 3766
Original post by 11234
what do you study if you dont mind me asking?

NatSci. I'll be starting Part III Chemistry in October.
Reply 3767

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM
Reply 3768
Original post by alow
NatSci. I'll be starting Part III Chemistry in October.

Do you have career fairs or something like that
Reply 3769
Original post by 11234

There are some throughout the year.
Reply 3770
Original post by 11234

Yes there are careers fairs. Cambridge is a major target for employers across all sectors.

And thinking ahead is a pretty important skill you will need to develop.

Um, are you a 2018 potential applicant?

(You might have said earlier but I missed it...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3771
Yes there are careers fairs. Cambridge is a major target for employers across all sectors.

And thinking ahead is a pretty important skill you will need to develop.

Um, are you a 2018 potential applicant?

(You might have said earlier but I missed it...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I have an offer for maths for homerton for 2017 entry
Reply 3772
Original post by 11234
No I have an offer for maths for homerton for 2017 entry

Ah very good! @physicsmaths can be your college dad. He's lovely in person. But bring a roadman to English dictionary.

And ask him lots of physics questions. He loves it, hence his username.
Ah very good! @physicsmaths can be your college dad. He's lovely in person. But bring a roadman to English dictionary.

And ask him lots of physics questions. He loves it, hence his username.

LOL Have u met me?
PM PM PM plz
Original post by 11234
How many people in homerton do maths

10 in each year that is the aim.
I didnt do anything last summer and i regret it massively hence why im doing and have done alot of work this summer.
Forgot olympiads honestly, get ahead of the material.
The difference between step and Tripos is as my dos says aswell
Step had hard problems on easy material
Tripos has hard problems on hard material, the material can get very complicated so get a head start on id say Analysis and groups maybe VM n Probability I assume u know most of NS(go thru dexters notes tho)since ive seen u doing alot of olympiads for a while. Learning the material early is massively advantageous pretty much everyone I know who got a first learnt some of the material early.
Reply 3775
Original post by physicsmaths
LOL Have u met me?
PM PM PM plz

Most weeks - I'm the Uber dude with the A6.
Reply 3776
Original post by physicsmaths
10 in each year that is the aim.
I didnt do anything last summer and i regret it massively hence why im doing and have done alot of work this summer.
Forgot olympiads honestly, get ahead of the material.
The difference between step and Tripos is as my dos says aswell
Step had hard problems on easy material
Tripos has hard problems on hard material, the material can get very complicated so get a head start on id say Analysis and groups maybe VM n Probability I assume u know most of NS(go thru dexters notes tho)since ive seen u doing alot of olympiads for a while. Learning the material early is massively advantageous pretty much everyone I know who got a first learnt some of the material early.

Ive done some olympiad stuff but that was during jan-feb so I havent done that much well enough to make significant progress recently cos of STEP preparation. I'll look over course material and what is NS?
Reply 3777
Original post by 11234
Ive done some olympiad stuff but that was during jan-feb so I havent done that much well enough to make significant progress recently cos of STEP preparation. I'll look over course material and what is NS?

Numbers and Sets I think. At least I remember a lot of people complaining about that course.
Reply 3778
What do you do in matriculation dinner? Do you have to drink wine from like a cows horn? I read up somewhere that you have to do something like that
Original post by 11234
What do you do in matriculation dinner? Do you have to drink wine from like a cows horn? I read up somewhere that you have to do something like that

Eat a meal with your DoS and your coursemates. That's about it I think, maybe a drinks reception beforehand.

Latest

Trending

Trending