The Student Room Group

Is there anything that a southerner/northerner does you find annoying/weird?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boredom101
Really? They've got great schools there, I used to go to school near Regent Street.
Woww you're in a super convenient location, everything seems accessible!
I've always wanted to go to Wiltshire! It seems like such a tranquil place, do you enjoy it there?

Yeah. She went to private school :smile: Harrods was the only place that sold her school uniform (£500 :redface:)

Yeah, and the main A4 London road runs straight the middle of where I live too!

Ah you should! We have Stonehenge, Longleat, Lacock (National Trust and where a lot of Harry Potter was filmed), 7 White Horses (I think) and lots of countryside. Salisbury is really nice and not far into Waterloo by train! Theres Swindon I guess but lets not talk about that haha

I do like it I guess but it can get a bit boring at times as theres never much going on lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Then there goes a girl with a passport...

Stop making me feel bad 😂
Original post by qasim_96
Stop making me feel bad 😂

I can't do anything about that. 😂
I told you find a girl of your choice or don't get married. 😂
I can't do anything about that. 😂
I told you find a girl of your choice or don't get married. 😂

Okay I'll find one somehow 😂
Okay I'll find one somehow 😂

See, easy. 😊
See, easy. 😊

It's easy for some people but not others :colonhash:
It's easy for some people but not others :colonhash:

Shaadi.com 😂😂😂😂😂
lmao
Shaadi.com 😂😂😂😂😂

It's all well and good going on there until you realise they're all after that passport too 😂😂😂
Original post by Jack22031994
Must be a London thing as Im from the South West and we use it here!

Probably is, I've never heard in London
Northerners don't get out of the bath to take a pee.
Yeah. She went to private school :smile: Harrods was the only place that sold her school uniform (£500 :redface:)

Yeah, and the main A4 London road runs straight the middle of where I live too!

Ah you should! We have Stonehenge, Longleat, Lacock (National Trust and where a lot of Harry Potter was filmed), 7 White Horses (I think) and lots of countryside. Salisbury is really nice and not far into Waterloo by train! Theres Swindon I guess but lets not talk about that haha

I do like it I guess but it can get a bit boring at times as theres never much going on lol

I didn't know there were so many sights to see in Wiltshire! I will definitely pay a visit. I always thought that the the Stonehenge was in the Midlands for the weirdest reason.
Harrods sold her uniform? goodness. I had to go to John Lewis for mine aha, Mine was private too, but then I had to move school to go up north for boarding school. Which explains why I am on this thread haha. She must've gone to a really good school if it was in Knightsbridge.
I didn't know there were so many sights to see in Wiltshire! I will definitely pay a visit. I always thought that the the Stonehenge was in the Midlands for the weirdest reason.
Harrods sold her uniform? goodness. I had to go to John Lewis for mine aha, Mine was private too, but then I had to move school to go up north for boarding school. Which explains why I am on this thread haha. She must've gone to a really good school if it was in Knightsbridge.

There are a fair few. Ah haha fari enough! :lol:

Apparently so but doesnt anymore for some reason! Ah fairs lol. Yeah she did :smile:
There are a fair few. Ah haha fari enough! :lol:

Apparently so but doesnt anymore for some reason! Ah fairs lol. Yeah she did :smile:

That's pretty awesome and thanks for the recommendation on things to do in Wiltshire :smile:
Southerners who think the be all and end all of the UK is London and haven't travelled anywhere else in the UK.
Strangle looks when I use the following terms in the south:

Batch instead of barm/bap.

Nudger (Most people dont really know what one is)
That's pretty awesome and thanks for the recommendation on things to do in Wiltshire :smile:

No problem. The White Horses though are cool but very spread out. This is the nearest one to me and basically the view from where I went to Primary School.(I know its not very white in this photo though -they do 'whiten' it though!)

Cherhill Whote Horse.jpg
No problem. The White Horses though are cool but very spread out. This is the nearest one to me and basically the view from where I went to Primary School.(I know its not very white in this photo though -they do 'whiten' it though!)

Cherhill Whote Horse.jpg

Haha it's fine if it's not that white
I appreciate such artistry, it looks amazing. Did you take that photo?
Reply 78
Original post by Cubone-r
Southerners who think the be all and end all of the UK is London and haven't travelled anywhere else in the UK.

Quite the contrary, London is not the UK.
Original post by usualsuspects
Quite the contrary, London is not the UK.

Some people seem to think it is..

Quick Reply

Latest