The Student Room Group

Help! What do i do?

Hi, I want to be a veterinary surgeon, I am studying for A levels but don't think this is the path for me...i have applied for college and have got in to study level 3 animal management...i want to know if there is any way of achieving my goal of being a vet and if anyone has done it this way?
Thank you in advance
X
Reply 1
Original post by broccolibrook16
Hi, I want to be a veterinary surgeon, I am studying for A levels but don't think this is the path for me...i have applied for college and have got in to study level 3 animal management...i want to know if there is any way of achieving my goal of being a vet and if anyone has done it this way?
Thank you in advance
X

If you can't deal with A-levels for 2 years, then becoming a vet might be a struggle. I would stick it out for the last year of A-levels.
Thank you in advance
X

I wouldnt recommend dropping out of A levels, I do believe that on competitive courses such as medicine and vet medicine this very often leads to rejections as you appear as someone who gives up.
Original post by E L T I L
I wouldnt recommend dropping out of A levels, I do believe that on competitive courses such as medicine and vet medicine this very often leads to rejections as you appear as someone who gives up.

I am not a person to give up...just prefer a more hands on course...
I am not a person to give up...just prefer a more hands on course...

It's not to say you are giving up but how the universities perceive you swapping from A levels to a more hands on course. I do believe that your college course probably wont be recognised by universities for vet medicine however I'm not 100% sure.
Original post by E L T I L
It's not to say you are giving up but how the universities perceive you swapping from A levels to a more hands on course. I do believe that your college course probably wont be recognised by universities for vet medicine however I'm not 100% sure.

Well I looked into it and if I do the level 3 animal management and get good marks I can then do a bioveterinary science degree and then a bvetmed degree and then I'm a qualified vet...but want to know if anyone has done it this way.
Well I looked into it and if I do the level 3 animal management and get good marks I can then do a bioveterinary science degree and then a bvetmed degree and then I'm a qualified vet...but want to know if anyone has done it this way.

I don't actually study vet med, but I know u can do something very similar to what you just said for medicine. I'd probably ring universities and see what they recommend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending