The Student Room Group

Kurdish Intelligence: Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi "definitely alive"

In yet another development in the Al Baghdadi story, a senior Kurdish intelligence official has said he is "99% sure" that ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi is still alive.

This comes after claims from multiple sources that Baghdadi had been killed in an airstrike.

Honestly, I don't know who to believe at this point. So many different organisations are claiming so many different things and it's getting out of hand. Thoughts?

Full Story:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-baghdadi-idUSKBN1A20JD
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cbreef
In yet another development in the Al Baghdadi story, a senior Kurdish intelligence official has said he is "99% sure" that ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi is still alive.

This comes after claims from multiple sources that Baghdadi had been killed in an airstrike.

Honestly, I don't know who to believe at this point. So many different organisations are claiming so many different things and it's getting out of hand. Thoughts?

Full Story:

Someone does not want to stop bombing the r̶e̶b̶e̶l̶s̶ terrorists. :wink:
Reports of Baghdadi being killed have been coming out sporadically through different arab news outlets for the last couple of years. Until one is corroborated by a major outlet or government statement, these reports aren't really worth paying attention to.
The last confirmation was different in that Russia claimed they had killed him, THEN the Syrian Observatory For Human Rights came out and said they had evidence so it was certainly news worthy.
This guy has been resurrected more times than Beric Dondarrion.
Reply 5
Original post by cbreef

Full Story:

It's like Elvis & Tupac I tell ya

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Either way his presence around ISIS has died. I wouldn’t be surprised if he died but ISIS won’t admit it, he doesn’t make a difference to the group, he’s a coward.

All the power lies in the regional divisions not in the central, that’s just where ideology came from. Also Baghdadi’s history does raise questions… conspiracy type questions.
Original post by Quantex
This guy has been resurrected more times than Beric Dondarrion.

Funny and topical, my favourite 👌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cbreef

Full Story:

Who gives a fu*k?
This is why "pics or it didn't happen" matters.
Original post by zayn008
Either way his presence around ISIS has died. I wouldn’t be surprised if he died but ISIS won’t admit it, he doesn’t make a difference to the group, he’s a coward.

All the power lies in the regional divisions not in the central, that’s just where ideology came from. Also Baghdadi’s history does raise questions… conspiracy type questions.

Elaborate

Original post by Meany Pie
This is why "pics or it didn't happen" matters.

Do you say the same about Bin Laden?
What makes the official so sure ?
Original post by cbreef
Do you say the same about Bin Laden?

Without a doubt, the story we were given had more plot holes than a Michael Bay film.
Without a doubt, the story we were given had more plot holes than a Michael Bay film.

Apparently the SEALs got too carried away with their weapons, pumping 100+ bullets into his corpse. That's just a rumour though.
Original post by cbreef
Apparently the SEALs got too carried away with their weapons, pumping 100+ bullets into his corpse. That's just a rumour though.

I struggle to believe that highly trained special forces operatives "got carried away" on what was probably one of their most high profile missions in their history.
Chase the Bas**d to the edges of the world.
I struggle to believe that highly trained special forces operatives "got carried away" on what was probably one of their most high profile missions in their history.

We are talking about the Americans here. PTSD, broken families and war in general take their toll. It's not out of the realms of possibility, but it is unlikely. They'd probably have released the body regardless.

Edit: I would argue the fact that Bin Laden was the target makes this hypothesis more believable. They're all so drunk on patriotic, nationalist fervour over there.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by cbreef
We are talking about the Americans here. PTSD, broken families and war in general take their toll. It's not out of the realms of possibility, but it is unlikely. They'd probably have released the body regardless.

They are still special forces. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but this was a cover up.
Bag Daddy is morally dead and always has been.
They are still special forces. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but this was a cover up.

So what do you think happened then?

Original post by the bear
Bag Daddy is morally dead and always has been.

He probably still thinks he's in the right and that "Allah" will reward him for his actions. :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest