The Student Room Group

Suregeons remove 27 contact lenses from a woman's eye

Did she simply forget she had them in? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40630852
Original post by Rock Fan
Did she simply forget she had them in? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40630852

...or was she, in fact, just an idiot?!

Opps sorry didn't see the thread already up :getmecoat:
Maybe she assumed they just disappeared. There's something seriously mentally wrong either way. Even one contact lense feels like crap for me :L.
So she has been losing multiple contact lenses and did not bother to fish them out? Granted, finding them can be a pain in the arse but is anyone really dumb enough to leave them in there?
wow and i thought i was dumb
Original post by Quantex
So she has been losing multiple contact lenses and did not bother to fish them out? Granted, finding them can be a pain in the arse but is anyone really dumb enough to leave them in there?

No! I lit spent 2 hours trying to get them out once. Didn't know you could lose them and would have deffo gone to the opticians :L. I think there might be mental issues involved here.
35 years is more or less 12775 days

mistakes were made but I think the important thing to remember is that she took the lenses out properly 99.8% of the time.

I'm quite concerned that guys who operate on peoples eyes describe this

as blueish though :unsure:

maybe it's like that dress

:unsure:
Impressive
Reply 10
There have been occasions when a contact lens has got stuck in my eye. And if I can't find the lens in my eye then it can be hard to know whether it's still there and whether the slight discomfort I feel is due to me rubbing my eye or due to the lens still being stuck.

If a lens falls out of my eye and I can't find it then I'm always paranoid that the lens is still in my eye. I hate that.
(edited 6 years ago)
As a non contact lens wearer, surely it would be painful, or at least uncomfortable to be wearing that many? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by shadowdweller
As a non contact lens wearer, surely it would be painful, or at least uncomfortable to be wearing that many? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they all remained soft then I suppose it would be just like having an extremely thick contact lens in your eye. You might get used to the discomfort after a few years :smile:

But the article said it was a "hard mass" so it's unbelievable to me that the pain would be anything other than unbearable.
Reply 13
Easy way to know of the lens is still in your eye...you can see clearly!! I have had lens get stuck on the white bit but that is uncomfortable. Also accidentally put two in one eye...and it is pretty obvious that something is wrong! Spent ages trying to get lens out when drunk, making my eye sore, only to realise it was already out!
Reply 14
Original post by Lucky4
Spent ages trying to get lens out when drunk, making my eye sore, only to realise it was already out!

I've done this a few times and I haven't been drunk :smile:

If the lens moves to the "back" of the eye then it can be hard to know if a lens is there and the discomfort can be quite minor.
I thought it was 17 lenses my bad.
Original post by shadowdweller

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they kept floating off the actual eye under the eyelids.
Original post by Notnek
If they all remained soft then I suppose it would be just like having an extremely thick contact lens in your eye. You might get used to the discomfort after a few years :smile:

But the article said it was a "hard mass" so it's unbelievable to me that the pain would be anything other than unbearable.

Original post by Meany Pie
I think they kept floating off the actual eye under the eyelids.

That makes more sense, thank you both! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I read it in a professional forum for optometrists and was all like "WTF!!! HOW?"
She needs a psychiatrist not an opthalmologist!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending