The Student Room Group

Income assesed bursary

Hello,
I am from Poland and this year I will.start my undergraduate course at University of Surrey. I have received the EU17B form to fill and returnI but I have few questions regarding evidence.
Firstly, do I have to translate the documents or can I just send original ones?
Do I have to enclose information on student loan which I will receive from SLC in section 4, a2?
Kind regards,
Weronika
Hi Weronika,

You don't have to translate the documents. You can send a certified copy instead of sending the original ID.

A certified copy is a clear photocopy of the original document which has been stamped, signed and dated as being a true copy of the original by an official such as:

Minister of Religion

Doctor

Lawyer

Civil Servant

Teacher/Lecturer

Police Officer

The person signing must not be a relative and must provide their name, job title, address and a contact telephone number by completing the EU Certifier Checklist.

These documents must be posted together to:

Student Finance Services European Team
Student Loans Company
PO Box 89
Darlington
County Durham
England
DL1 9AZ

You also do not have to enclose information about the loan in section 4 a2.

Thanks
Thank you for a quick reply!
I have a few more questions:
1. Where should I enclose information on family based arrangement? My parents weren't married and they are not together, I am living with my mum but my dad gives me money for my maintenance. Should it be in section 6, a11?
2. Where should I enclose information on health insurance and social insurance which my mum pays?
3. In section 6, c, should my mum rewrite my details? Or should she leave it blank (N/A) as I don't have any siblings?
4. Should I enclose my birth certificate?
Kiind regards
Hi veronica.rosy,

In the contact centre we don't have access to the EU17B form as they are issued by the EU Bursary team directly to students like yourself. So that I am able to give you guidance on it based on the questions you have asked I have asked the team to send me a copy of it. I'm not sure how long they will take but I will respond to your questions once I have had a chance to look at the form. I don't want to give your incorrect information by making assumptions as to what they may be looking for.

Thanks
Hi veronica.rosy,

You don't need to provide information about your family based arrangement. If your parent's aren't married and your mum doesn't have another partner and lives alone then you would fill in Section 5 a to confirm your Mum is the parent who you have most contact with and fill in her details in Section b and c. She would have to fill in Section 6 of the form with her income details.

You wouldn't need to include the maintenance you get from your dad. We don't need your Mum to give information about health insurance and social insurance as that's not relevant as we don't take it into account. Section 6 c would be left blank by your Mum as you have no siblings.

Depending on what your mums marital status is if she classes herself as separated then we would need a letter from a solicitor confirming her separated status, if she is single she wouldn't need anything for this. She would need financial evidence for the 2015/16 tax year period. If mum is employed it would her P60 for that period. She can send originals or certified copies.

When the EU bursary team send me a copy of the form to assist you they told me that you wouldn't need to send in any ID evidence at all as your EU application would have already confirmed this as they don't send you out the EU17B until your EU application was approved so it's just mums financial evidence and marital status evidence if she's separated.

Thanks
Thank you for a reply! My final question is whether I have to leave blank boxes in section 3b or write 'N/A' in each if none of the statements apply to me?
Thank you!
Oops, and so sorry, two more - in section 4a1, if I'm not employed, can it be correct if I just write 'none' above the two boxes?
Also, in my mum's income declaration there is included a child relief which she received from the government as a single mum. Should she include it in section a2 or divide it into section a2 and a11?
Now everything surely!
Hi Veronica .rosy,
In section 4a1 ,if you are not employed you can enter none and if your mothers in not employed enter her income in section a11.

Thanks
Thanks but my mu was employed during this time, it is just an additional amount fromof government for every single mum.
My final question is whether I have to leave blank boxes in section 3b or write 'N/A' in each if none of the statements apply to me?
Original post by veronica.rosy
Thanks but my mu was employed during this time, it is just an additional amount fromof government for every single mum.
My final question is whether I have to leave blank boxes in section 3b or write 'N/A' in each if none of the statements apply to me?

Hi veronica .rosy,

You can either leave the question blank or N/A .

Thanks
Okay then. So if my mum was given this child relief she should add it to income from employment (a2) or in 'other incomes' (a11)?
Okay then. So if my mum was given this child relief she should add it to income from employment (a2) or in 'other incomes' (a11)?

Hi veronica.rosy,
I would suggest that it is included under 'other incomes'(a11)

Thanks
Hello,
I've sent my application to student finance but I forgot to include my customer reference number and put 'none' instead.
What are the consequences? What should I do?
Hello,
I've sent my application to student finance but I forgot to include my customer reference number and put 'none' instead.
What are the consequences? What should I do?

Hi veronica.rosy,

It should still be OK if your full name is on the application.

Warm regards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending