The Student Room Group

Most underrated Disney films?

With the recent D23, I was thinking about the most underrated Disney films. Of course the likes of Frozen and all that get all the hype and merch but there are films such as The Hunchback of Notre Dame that are all classics. Hunchback has an amazing soundtrack and story, it really should have took off on Broadway but it didn't. Hunchback has the most scariest villain, who is more human than most and the the villian song in my opinion is number one on par with Be Prepared. Also Quasimodo, a different type of hero that we all fall in love with. It isn't popular due to the dark themes.

There is also the likes of Mulan that rarely get any merch, in terms of Princess films, don't see many kids wearing Mulan dresses.

Any thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Emperors new groove is my favourite. It's really underrated for a good film
Also for a princess film I think princess and the frog is underrated as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
The Great Mouse Detective.
Frozen lmao
A Goofy Movie
Chicken Little
Recess: Schools Out
I like Lion King, music is especially good, but I don't know if that is underrated.
big hero 6 is pretty amazing !
flubber
The princess and the frog.
Enchanted.
Moana is brilliant but didn't get the hype it deserved at the tail end of last year.
The Three Caballeros

Princess and the Frog
And I think Tangled has been lost a bit with all the Frozen hype (just my opinion). :smile:.
Reply 12
Princess and the frog
Monsters Inc
A Goofy Movie
Mickeys once upon a Christmas
Chicken Little
& one of my personal favourites, The Great Mouse Detective
& ofc, The Lilo and Stitch franchise! So underrated. Feel sorry for the kids today.

(I just posted this and realised most people already said the ones I did :frown: I was being 100% original tho)
(edited 6 years ago)
Flubber: One of my favourites growing up

Peter Pan: I don't feel that PP is ever seen in quite the same light as the others from this period, and I loved it as a child, I even had the PC game

Tron: Way ahead of its time, quite a risk for Disney at the time and a technical marvel for the early 80's

I actually don't mind the tron sequel either, I didn't think that I'd like it, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Honourable mentions of some other childhood favourites:

Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Rocketman
The Rocketeer
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jadeyfletch
With the recent D23, I was thinking about the most underrated Disney films. Of course the likes of Frozen and all that get all the hype and merch but there are films such as The Hunchback of Notre Dame that are all classics. Hunchback has an amazing soundtrack and story, it really should have took off on Broadway but it didn't. Hunchback has the most scariest villain, who is more human than most and the the villian song in my opinion is number one on par with Be Prepared. Also Quasimodo, a different type of hero that we all fall in love with. It isn't popular due to the dark themes.

There is also the likes of Mulan that rarely get any merch, in terms of Princess films, don't see many kids wearing Mulan dresses.

Any thoughts?

Ayeee! The hunchback of notre dame and the likes get little attention because of their lack appeal to older audiences I think; like if you're a kid it's a bit hard to understand what the heck is going on. Plus there's no real princess; I think it's a slightly similar to the princess and the frog... It's a bit more confusing and eventful for younger audiences.
The Black Cauldron.

[video="youtube;yuaqybKPa04"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuaqybKPa04[/video]
Original post by funny_h0w
Princess and the Frog
And I think Tangled has been lost a bit with all the Frozen hype (just my opinion). :smile:.

There's a tangled series lol; I personally prefer it over frozen, a lot more happens and there's lots of different things animated rather than mere ice and the likes. Do you like Tangled?
Original post by CorpusLuteum
There's a tangled series lol; I personally prefer it over frozen, a lot more happens and there's lots of different things animated rather than mere ice and the likes. Do you like Tangled?

Love me some Tangled. I know there s series haha, but just feel the film isn't as prominent as Frozen.

I think the songs are GREAT!
Original post by funny_h0w
Love me some Tangled. I know there s series haha, but just feel the film isn't as prominent as Frozen.

I think the songs are GREAT!

Yeah perhaps; I don't think I have seen it to be as popular with kids as well... Although my nephew pays the same attention to both. I think frozen has a more catchy song. Meh

The songs are great! Maybe not as catchy as Frozen; or as peculiar.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Yeah perhaps; I don't think I have seen it to be as popular with kids as well... Although my nephew pays the same attention to both. I think frozen has a more catchy song. Meh

The songs are great! Maybe not as catchy as Frozen; or as peculiar.

Agreed, Let It Go, is a Disney classic and I love Frozen too, just like Tangled equally. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending