The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hmarinou
I just wondered how much it would cost to pick me up from Stansted airport 7:10pm on saturday and drop to Borehamwood. I got 2 quotes from taxi companies and want to charge around £50. Is that a rip of or a good price.
Thanks

How is that relevant to this topic?
Original post by hmarinou
I just wondered how much it would cost to pick me up from Stansted airport 7:10pm on saturday and drop to Borehamwood. I got 2 quotes from taxi companies and want to charge around £50. Is that a rip of or a good price.
Thanks

Take it. It's a bargain....

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much would it cost to drive 33miles in an unleaded in a 1.6 juke
It varies depending on the engine size and fuel consumption.

For instance, my car has a 5.0L engine and it drinks fuel like nobody's business. I reckon it'd cost me around £25 worth of fuel to drive 60 miles.

On the other hand, these days, the 2.0L diesel cars that almost all taxi drivers have can do like 60-70mpg and so the fuel would cost way less!

Do the maths - you're paying a hefty service charge!
The fuel cost calculator enables you to calculate fuel costs and could save your fleet money. Cost to travel 60 miles in Ford Ka is £7.69
Original post by Atrixa
Might be an utterly random question to you, but I'm wondering how much to give my friend for giving me a lift tomorrow, basically. She has a 1.4 Ford Ka if that helps :smile:

I don't even think there is a 1.4 Ka.

But the average MPGs of ford Kas would put the cost of 60 miles in the region of £7-10.
Original post by Clubber Lang
I would give a tenner probably but the cost will probably be closer to 10p a mile so approx £6.

But if they are going out of their way to help etc then it might be worth bumping it to £10.

Taxi drivers must use liquefied gold to fuel their cars given how much them ****ers charge. Bloody hate them.
I think tell her you pay as a friend, and you are indebted to her-- and compensate for her petrol and basic other costs --- £12--- and anything more you can afford for her services. Maybe a £20 is a nice figure!

Funny I had exactly the same from a friend and gave them £30, but today I am unemployed and would have difficulty with more than £12--- a good friend will understand!
Original post by Brendankiwi
I think tell her you pay as a friend, and you are indebted to her-- and compensate for her petrol and basic other costs --- £12--- and anything more you can afford for her services. Maybe a £20 is a nice figure!

Funny I had exactly the same from a friend and gave them £30, but today I am unemployed and would have difficulty with more than £12--- a good friend will understand!

I'm sure she'll find this helpful over 5 years later.
Hiw mu h would it cost in petrol 66 miles per day in.a 308S Peugeot 2006
Reply 30
Original post by Lachick113
Hiw mu h would it cost in petrol 66 miles per day in.a 308S Peugeot 2006

How are we supposed to know? Go conduct your own experiments; we can't predict the future.
Round about a tenner, yeah. :smile:
I have a 1.3 Fiesta that does roughly 300 miles on a full tank filled at just over £35 at a 109.9 station (and I have a sub in the boot and car tools). :biggrin:
Reply 32
If Diesel is £1.15p a litre how much will it cost me to travel 150 miles
that journey in that car would be like 1.3 gallons, so about 5 and a half litres which currently costs £7ish
the bumps on this thread :rofl:
Original post by Mill123

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=petrol+cost+calculator
Reply 36
Original post by Mill123

Original post by JavaScriptMaster
that journey in that car would be like 1.3 gallons, so about 5 and a half litres which currently costs £7ish

Hey guys, please try not to bump old threads :smile:
Reply 37
Reply 38
Original post by Mill123

Come on now, stop being silly.

Latest

Trending

Trending