The Student Room Group

What tv show do men in the 20s typically like to watch?

I know this is a random question, but I'm writing a novel and the main character's brother and his friends are watching a tv show that is typically male and she describes as 'rubbish'. Any ideas as to what show I could make it? Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Top Gear
Game of thrones
Reply 3
Original post by ParentalAdvisory
Top Gear

Good idea! Thanks!
theres this 'hub' online that some are fond of
Reply 5
Never heard of this but, uh, I'll look it up.

Tentatively.
Reply 6
Original post by ForestShadow

Not sure that's suitable for what I'm writing…
Original post by Ioneg
I know this is a random question, but I'm writing a novel and the main character's brother and his friends are watching a tv show that is typically male and she describes as 'rubbish'. Any ideas as to what show I could make it? Thank you :smile:

It depends on the personality/interests of the character, but Star Trek is often stereotyped as being a show like that. It does have female fans too, but not as many by quite a ratio...

This is being very stereotypical, but you could essentially pick any SciFi TV show... I happen to like them, but my mom would never watch SciFi. :smile:

One of the many Marvel/DC shows might also fit the bill. Examples would be Daredevil, Gotham, etc...
Reply 9
Original post by Emerald7770
Game of thrones

Thank you :smile: though I'm not sure if his sister would dislike it.
*shrugs*
Reply 10
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Moved to TV Shows. :smile:

Thank you! I had no idea how to do that 😂
Reply 11
Original post by Kernel_Coder
It depends on the personality/interests of the character, but Star Trek is often stereotyped as being a show like that. It does have female fans too, but not as many by quite a ratio...

This is being very stereotypical, but you could essentially pick any SciFi TV show... I happen to like them, but my mom would never watch SciFi. :smile:

One of the many Marvel/DC shows might also fit the bill. Examples would be Daredevil, Gotham, etc...

Thank you! This is super, super helpful 😊
Original post by Ioneg
Not sure that's suitable for what I'm writing…

is it suitable? no
is it true? absolutely

how about

Reply 13
It sounds very… interesting
Reply 14
is it suitable? no
is it true? absolutely

how about

Absolutely perfect!

(That was sarcastic, just so you know)
Reply 16

I don't really like ITV Hub that much...
Original post by Ioneg
Thank you :smile: though I'm not sure if his sister would dislike it.
*shrugs*

a lot of girls watch that show too so yeah she might. I don't like it but I'm just answering the q :smile:
This one enjoys Pointless.
Reply 19
Original post by Ioneg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending