The Student Room Group

English Lang or Philosophy as a 3rd A-Level for History degree

I'm taking the following for a History degree
-History
-Psychology
And for the third I'v nailed it down to either English Language or Philosophy
I know English literature would be better but I'm not interested in it as it doesn't allow for my creative writing side plus I doubt I'd get a good grade in it.
So which of the two would benefit me most.
Considering the fact that not a lot of sixth forms have only English Language.
I think Philosophy would be fun and beneficial to a History degree but what's your thoughts?
Which would get me that degree course in History?
Reply 1
Either would be fine for History. I'm doing a History degree at the moment and did History, English Literature and Philosophy. I've found Philosophy relatively useful at uni, there was some cross over, especially when studying the enlightenment. The theories are also quite useful to know for context when you're looking at events, like the link between scientific thought and rational thinking, with things like the witch hunts and the printing press. I can't really comment on English Language, but you wouldn't be disadvantaged if you chose that over Philosophy.
Original post by Oneiropólos
I'm taking the following for a History degree
-History
-Psychology
And for the third I'v nailed it down to either English Language or Philosophy
I know English literature would be better but I'm not interested in it as it doesn't allow for my creative writing side plus I doubt I'd get a good grade in it.
So which of the two would benefit me most.
Considering the fact that not a lot of sixth forms have only English Language.
I think Philosophy would be fun and beneficial to a History degree but what's your thoughts?
Which would get me that degree course in History?

Either is fine. #EndThread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot
Either is fine. #EndThread

Posted from TSR Mobile

Say no more
Thanks for the info people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending