The Student Room Group

When are the grade boundaries released?

Does anyone know when we will be able to see the grade boundaries for the 2017 GCSEs? Some people have said they publish them the day before results day, but some people are saying it's on results day? Just curious😕
The day or night before results day or something, so on the 23rd of august
Original post by itslibby
Does anyone know when we will be able to see the grade boundaries for the 2017 GCSEs? Some people have said they publish them the day before results day, but some people are saying it's on results day? Just curious😕

Some time on the day before results day generally - we'll be setting up an official grade boundaries thread and stickying it nearer the time and it'll be updating with links as soon as they're released :h:
Reply 3
Edexcel have stated that they will release their grade boundaries on results day - 24th august - so our Edexcel Maths grades will be a surprise :smile:
Original post by Gabzinc
Edexcel have stated that they will release their grade boundaries on results day - 24th august - so our Edexcel Maths grades will be a surprise :smile:

I don't think I'll be able to open the envelope until I've seen the grade boundaries tbh. Hoping they release them at like 8am at the latest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
I don't think I'll be able to open the envelope until I've seen the grade boundaries tbh. Hoping they release them at like 8am at the latest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought this when I got mine, I made a big deal the day before of writing down every little detail of all of the grades and what I'd need to get, and then on the day I didn't even look at it! Once the results are there the grade boundaries are only an afterthought to see how close you were to the next grades, trust me! :lol:
Reply 6
Original post by itslibby

A day before results day.
Reply 7
Original post by Gingerbread101
I thought this when I got mine, I made a big deal the day before of writing down every little detail of all of the grades and what I'd need to get, and then on the day I didn't even look at it! Once the results are there the grade boundaries are only an afterthought to see how close you were to the next grades, trust me! :lol:

An afterthought? You pretty much got all A*s.

If I wasn't on holiday I'd totally be spending the entire day obsessing over them! I'll probably be up stupidly early looking at them and analysing them instead seeing as the school won't email them to us until 11! :eek:
The maths ones are especially important to me as I'm pretty sure on my score so seeing the grade boundaries will likely almost confirm my grade :biggrin:
I'm sure you're right though and once I have the grades I won't be bothered (though that hasn't stopped me setting up a spreadsheet and stuff for me to input my results in anyway including calculating my %ums so I can see quickly if I'm near the next grade :lol:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by S2M
An afterthought? You pretty much got all A*s.

I mean on the morning of my results I knew the results would be there so in my head I just wanted to see them and forgot about the grade boundaries, it was only afterwards that I remembered :smile: (and to see how close I was on the A :lol:)
Original post by Lemur14
If I wasn't on holiday I'd totally be spending the entire day obsessing over them! I'll probably be up stupidly early looking at them and analysing them instead seeing as the school won't email them to us until 11! :eek:
The maths ones are especially important to me as I'm pretty sure on my score so seeing the grade boundaries will likely almost confirm my grade :biggrin:
I'm sure you're right though and once I have the grades I won't be bothered (though that hasn't stopped me setting up a spreadsheet and stuff for me to input my results in anyway including calculating my %ums so I can see quickly if I'm near the next grade :lol:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

A spreadsheet would have been very useful for me and my friends when we all spent hours after we got our results figuring out our exact raw marks for everything...
Reply 10
Some time on the day before results day generally - we'll be setting up an official grade boundaries thread and stickying it nearer the time and it'll be updating with links as soon as they're released :h:

Thank you, I'll be looking out for it!

Quick Reply

Latest