For dinner, Dominoes
Instructions:

Locate phone number
Touch numbers corresponding with phone number on dialer
Press ring
Order
Wait
Eat

No but srs, just type in easy recipes and learn, I'd learn now if I was you. You can make simple but healthy stuff quickly. Don't rely on eating out or frozen all the time it gets *****y.
Reply 4
Original post by somemightsay888
For dinner, Dominoes
Instructions:

Locate phone number
Touch numbers corresponding with phone number on dialer
Press ring
Order
Wait
Eat

No but srs, just type in easy recipes and learn, I'd learn now if I was you. You can make simple but healthy stuff quickly. Don't rely on eating out or frozen all the time it gets *****y.

Lol this is bringing back some vivid memories. I once ordered 2 takeaways in ONE night BAHAH. Damnnn, the things that exams do to you ;-;
Reply 5
I made an app just for this but it's not quite ready to be released yet.

Just make some pot noodle man, can't go wrong with pot noodle.
Ommelette... If you can't crack an egg, pour some oil in a pan and pour egg into a pan then I'd consider re-evaluating your life.

Seriously though, you can put anything in an omelette. It takes like 2 mins to cook, they're healthy and if if you make 2 large ones, you'll be fairly full and saturated.
Original post by UWS
I made an app just for this but it's not quite ready to be released yet.

Just make some pot noodle man, can't go wrong with pot noodle.

Not totally sure if srs but I'm always hearing students claim they live on pot noodles. I think if I tried to do that I'd just be perpetually hungry.
Reply 8
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Not totally sure if srs but I'm always hearing students claim they live on pot noodles. I think if I tried to do that I'd just be perpetually hungry.

My mate lived on cheap tesco instant noodles for most of his second year. He was incredibly skinny though :lol:
Reply 9
Thanks for all the suggestions so far- have made a mental note of them. On a side note- do you drink tap, bottled or filtered water?
(edited 6 years ago)
Buy pasta from Tesco or Asda, you can get a 1kg packet for under £1. Fill a saucepan with water and put the pasta in, leave for 10 mins on full heat. Pasta is very easy to cook, you just poke it with a fork until it feels really soft and then it's ready to eat. Overcooked is always better than undercooked, so it doesn't matter if you leave it longer than that. Drain out the water with a colander or just pour water out from the side over the sink.

Buy jars of pasta sauce which are around 60p. Buy chicken breast cut in cubes (you can buy them already cubed or ask the butchers to cube them - they don't charge you extra for this) - put oil in a sauce pan and put the chicken cubes in. Add whatever seasoning you what (salt, pepper, chilli powder etc), then pour the pasta sauce and pasta on top. Very easy and minimal skill needed :smile:

You could also buy frozen mixed veg or frozen sweetcorn and add that in (just needs to be boiled in a saucepan until soft) - these are also £1 for 1kg packets in Tesco and Asda

Any other meat that you want to cook can just be fried. Use enough oil just to cover the whole bottom surface of the saucepan, wait a minute or two for it to heat up and then add your meat. Add seasoning on top, remember to keep turning over. If the oil dries up completely, it will start burning, so you need to add more or add a sauce.

Just some basic ideas to help you get started. Let me know if you need any more help :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Petulia
Buy pasta from Tesco or Asda, you can get a 1kg packet for under £1. Fill a saucepan with water and put the pasta in, leave for 10 mins on full heat. Pasta is very easy to cook, you just poke it with a fork until it feels really soft and then it's ready to eat. Overcooked is always better than undercooked, so it doesn't matter if you leave it longer than that. Drain out the water with a colander or just pour water out from the side over the sink.

Buy jars of pasta sauce which are around 60p. Buy chicken breast cut in cubes (you can buy them already cubed or ask the butchers to cube them - they don't charge you extra for this) - put oil in a sauce pan and put the chicken cubes in. Add whatever seasoning you what (salt, pepper, chilli powder etc), then pour the pasta sauce and pasta on top. Very easy and minimal skill needed :smile:

You could also buy frozen mixed veg or frozen sweetcorn and add that in (just needs to be boiled in a saucepan until soft) - these are also £1 for 1kg packets in Tesco and Asda

Any other meat that you want to cook can just be fried. Use enough oil just to cover the whole bottom surface of the saucepan, wait a minute or two for it to heat up and then add your meat. Add seasoning on top, remember to keep turning over. If the oil dries up completely, it will start burning, so you need to add more or add a sauce.

Just some basic ideas to help you get started. Let me know if you need any more help :smile:

This is exactly what I needed! Thank you :biggrin: -prntscrns
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest