The Student Room Group

Gonna see my cousins who I haven't seen in 5 years

Ok so tomorrow I'm gonna be seeing my cousins who I haven't seen in about 5 years and tbh now I feel like I don't even know them and quite frankly I couldn't care less if we do see each other or not cause I don't know anything about their lives like quite a few are meeting and I didn't even go to their weddings

Anyone else not close whatsoever with certain family members
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by fefssdf
Ok so tomorrow I'm gonna be seeing my cousins who I haven't seen in about 5 years and tbh now I feel like I don't even know them and quite frankly I couldn't care less if we do see each other or not cause I don't know anything about their lives like quite a few are meeting and I didn't even go to their weddings

I don't like mine either. I just ignore them.
Original post by fefssdf

That's the story of my life 😂😂
Try being south Asian. I have cousins I've never met/only met at weddings.
Reply 4
Original post by qasim_96
Try being south Asian. I have cousins I've never met/only met at weddings.

It's worse when they try to engage in conversation about some random bulls*it.
Original post by SGHD26716
It's worse when they try to engage in conversation about some random bulls*it.

I just say to them "do I know you? No? Okay bye" and walk off.
Reply 6
I just say to them "do I know you? No? Okay bye" and walk off.

But they f#ckin recognise you.

TBH I go for the food.
But they f#ckin recognise you.

TBH I go for the food.

It's worse with the random aunties. Every wedding I go to there's always at least 5 ladies coming up to me and saying "do you remember me? I last met you when you were a 1 year old" like I'm meant to remember everyone.

Isn't that what most people go for? 😂😂
Original post by fefssdf

Hope you make friends with them.
Reply 9
It's worse with the random aunties. Every wedding I go to there's always at least 5 ladies coming up to me and saying "do you remember me? I last met you when you were a 1 year old" like I'm meant to remember everyone.

Isn't that what most people go for? 😂😂

I had that the other day.

I just say no straight up. Then they start describing how we first met when I was an embryo or something so early in my life I don't know what the f#ck she's on about.

There are some who grab your cheeks, but that happens far less on because I look like a grown man.

Just weird. I hate it.
Original post by fefssdf

Good luck with it all
as for the last line yes, only have two people who i consider proper family. Everyone else is either dead, not my real relative (i.e those fake 'aunts' although don't see those anymore), lives too far away (dont want to see them anyway cos they are horrible people) or i've never met them.
so yeh such happy families lol
I had that the other day.

I just say no straight up. Then they start describing how we first met when I was an embryo or something so early in my life I don't know what the f#ck she's on about.

There are some who grab your cheeks, but that happens far less on because I look like a grown man.

Just weird. I hate it.

Yeah get it all the time. The other common one I get nowadays is "so is it your turn to get married now?" I end up doing a U turn and go to the other side of the hall.
Reply 12
Yeah get it all the time. The other common one I get nowadays is "so is it your turn to get married now?" I end up doing a U turn and go to the other side of the hall.

I'm too young to be asked those sorts of questions but I'm expected to marry at 26-28 when I'm in my "prime".
I'm too young to be asked those sorts of questions but I'm expected to marry at 26-28 when I'm in my "prime".

Gonna get that arranged marriage in your prime 😂😂
Reply 14
Gonna get that arranged marriage in your prime 😂😂

My market value will be the highest then.

After 30 your value depreciates by 90% every year
My market value will be the highest then.

After 30 your value depreciates by 90% every year

Good point. I'd say 26-28 is the best period too.
Reply 16
Good point. I'd say 26-28 is the best period too.

I presume you're like 21. Why are they so desperate to marry you off? 😂😂😂
I presume you're like 21. Why are they so desperate to marry you off? 😂😂😂

I turn 21 in a couple of months. I have no idea 😂 I swear they're more excited than I am. I don't even care atm 😂
Reply 18
I turn 21 in a couple of months. I have no idea 😂 I swear they're more excited than I am. I don't even care atm 😂

If they looking for girls already, they will have to be younger than you. If you're 20, the girls are still teenagers probably. :colonhash:
If they looking for girls already, they will have to be younger than you. If you're 20, the girls are still teenagers probably. :colonhash:

I've just told them I'll find my own girl. I'm not letting my parents choose for me 😂

Quick Reply