The Student Room Group

Anybody else feel unsatisfied with life?

Like you're technically going in the right direction, doing the things you supposedly wanted to do. But still feel like something's missing? Just don't feel happy or even content with life?

Scroll to see replies

I feel like that.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Like you're technically going in the right direction, doing the things you supposedly wanted to do. But still feel like something's missing? Just don't feel happy or even content with life?

Is this a serious post from Samosa? :eek:

Seriously though, maybe you're pursuing the wrong things and don't realise it. :dontknow:
A bit like something is always missing, even though to others you may seem to have a perfect-life. :closedeyes:

We are specks of dust on a tiny, tiny planet. But I just turned 18, I shouldn't be experiencing existential crises about how meaningless our short life-span is though.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
if you feel that way you need to think about what is so unsatisfactory and whether you are in a position to change it. if you can't afford to change it then there is not much you can do except change it in small ways to bring yourself more happiness. if you can change it, then what are you waiting for?

one important thing to do if you are feeling unsatisfied is to delete social media. keep only your messaging apps.
yes very
Original post by cbreef
Is this a serious post from Samosa? :eek:

Seriously though, maybe you're pursuing the wrong things and don't realise it. :dontknow:

I love my job, and I'm great at it. But idk, maybe I gave up too much to pursue a career. I feel stuck now.

Original post by Moura
if you feel that way you need to think about what is so unsatisfactory and whether you are in a position to change it. if you can't afford to change it then there is not much you can do except change it in small ways to bring yourself more happiness. if you can change it, then what are you waiting for?

one important thing to do if you are feeling unsatisfied is to delete social media. keep only your messaging apps.

I just want to be happy like I was when I was 18. I'm not sure where to start to make the changes.
bruh, you need some milk:

[video="youtube;6O3wzEzQ0k8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O3wzEzQ0k8[/video]
Reply 8
yeah.
Reply 9

I just want to be happy like I was when I was 18. I'm not sure where to start to make the changes.

well if you are feeling unhappy and disatisfied and you don't know why then you should try and get counselling and see if that helps
Original post by Moura
well if you are feeling unhappy and disatisfied and you don't know why then you should try and get counselling and see if that helps

Is that necessary? Counselling seems a little excessive to me
Reply 11
Original post by cbreef
Is that necessary? Counselling seems a little excessive to me

counselling is never excessive and should be more encouraged. even one session can do a lot of good.
Oh I feel like that, however I can't say I am going in any direction.
:colonhash: Isoc people you thinking of the verse I am thinking of?
(edited 6 years ago)
Lol same it's like 3:15
feels like that everyday:frown:
Nah

Same
If you feel like that, then perhaps this is not the path you truly wish to take? I have been in a similar position before, I tried to pretend I was happy with the way my parents wanted me to live-- I tried to accept that it was the ''right'' path and direction that even I wanted. Deep down, I knew it wasn't, though.
never feel satisfied, strive for more. there's no end, that's the reality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending