The Student Room Group

RISE Sheffield Internship video interview help

Hi, so a few weeks ago I applied for the rise internship scheme and have gotten an email through telling me I passed the first stage and have now moved on to the video interviews section which has to be done by sunday. I was just wondering if anyone had done them before and knew what questions to expect? It said in the e-mail there would only be five prerecorded questions for me to answer focused around:
- Business Focus
- Teamwork
- Drive
- SME/Role Fit
But didn't go into any greater detail, I was hoping someone here has done it before an can remember a few of the questions or the way there styled so I can better prepare for it.

Thanks
Original post by ryan246810
Hi, so a few weeks ago I applied for the rise internship scheme and have gotten an email through telling me I passed the first stage and have now moved on to the video interviews section which has to be done by sunday. I was just wondering if anyone had done them before and knew what questions to expect? It said in the e-mail there would only be five prerecorded questions for me to answer focused around:
- Business Focus
- Teamwork
- Drive
- SME/Role Fit
But didn't go into any greater detail, I was hoping someone here has done it before an can remember a few of the questions or the way there styled so I can better prepare for it.

Thanks

I can give a few tips around video interviews, but hopefully someone else will be able to direct you on the rise internship front :smile:

- Make sure you look at the camera whilst you're talking, not yourself, as it will give a better impression of eye contact.
- Usually you'll get around 30 seconds to prepare your answer, try and use at least some of the time to think of a few key points.
- If they give you the chance to answer a practice question, have a few tried at it if you're nervous, and familiarise yourself with the process. Watch the practise back too, and see if there's anything standout to improve on.

As a general point, try and find somewhere well lit to do the interview, and dress smartly! Best of luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending