They weren't black or white.

So who built the pyramids?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

(ancient) Egyptians.
Original post by Sarahsez

I have noticed from your threads that you love to post controversial topics to start arguments on TSR.

Before this evolves to borderline racist debates, i think you should read and educate yourself more on history.

Here is Wikipedia to start with: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egypt

All the best.
In before racists and needless debating. 'Mummy sequencing' has yielded some answers.

"They found that the ancient Egyptians were most closely related to the peoples of the Near East, particularly from the Levant. This is the Eastern Mediterranean which today includes the countries of Turkey, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon. The mummies used were from the New Kingdom and a later period, when Egypt was under Roman rule".

Source: http://bigthink.com/philip-perry/were-the-ancient-egyptians-black-or-white-scientists-now-know
(edited 6 years ago)

They were Egyptian.

They were closely related to other ancient populations in the Levant, the Anatolian peninsula and Europe.

There was later a rise in Sub-saharan africans in the region which led to the current genome data for modern Egyptians.

Egyptian???
Reply 6
Someone told me they were black
Reply 7
Original post by Wired_1800
I have noticed from your threads that you love to post controversial topics to start arguments on TSR.

Before this evolves to borderline racist debates, i think you should read and educate yourself more on history.

Here is Wikipedia to start with: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egypt

All the best.

Wikipedia isn't always accurate or a reliable source.
Reply 8
Original post by RetroBeatles.
Egyptian???

Nubians??
me man dont expose me doe I built them pyramids
Rather than caring about their race, you should care about the great accomplishments they've made. At the end of the day, they're humans and a great civilization that helped create many of the things you use today.
Wikipedia isn't always accurate or a reliable source.

And TSR is an accurate or reliable source???

My opinion is that you secretly pretend to be ignorant, and post these threads to cause debates that end up being blatant racism towards others.

I hope i am wrong.
Nubians??

Potentially some Nubians given their settlement patterns. Although whether the Nubians were actually Kushites is hard to prove.

Illuminati .
100 meter hurdles.
Who cares? Race is a social construct. The Egyptians did not think about race in the same way we do; trying to fit them into modern racial categories is a pointless exercise and tells us nothing useful.
I'd have thought genetically they'd be most similar to the modern Egyptians than people from elsewhere but I suppose if neighbouring regions have had their genetic makeup less affected by immigration than the area of modern Egypt then said regions could actually be more genetically similar to ancient Egypt, depending on how genetically similar these regions were to ancient Egypt in the time of ancient Egypt. In any case I agree that ancient Egypt was not black in the sense of being genetically most similar to any modern sub-saharan African nation or white in the sense of being genetically most like any modern European nation.
I am not sure if you are trying to start a racist argument but let me give you the answer, Ancient Egyptians had skin colour similar to Asians so you can say that Ancient Egyptians were both black and Asian. After the Romans invaded and ruled Egypt there were also white Egyptians.
They were ancient egyptions/ Misree
They were Black. Listen to Akala's speech at the Oxford Union. He talks about systematic censorship and gives a lot of references. Think about why most Ancient Egyptian statues have their noses chopped off. Systematic censorship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending