The Student Room Group

I always end up having boring conversations with girls

I'm approaching mid twenties, but still kinda struggle with girls. The most recent, she always intiates conversation, has called me attractive etc. But our conversations are so dead and boring. It just ends up being small talk.

How do I keep a conversation exciting and keep her attention and into me?

and sometimes I want to initiate dirty talk to keep it exciting, but don't know how to without looking like a creep.

I've seen the same girl tagging a guy in memes that are relationship-ish but not explicitly (oh god I sound pathetic). Do I give up with this girl then? She still does message me, although I notice is less flirty (but still does a bit)
Reply 1
Then how do you talk to guys? Girls are the same in the sense that they like interesting and stimulating conversation. People like talking about themselves or sharing stories so maybe ask about some of her interests, if any of them align with yours then you can share an anecdote and talk about that, she may even give her own story too.

If you are running out of things to say over text, then ask her out. You don't want her to be your texting buddy. It's also much easier to talk in real life than via text.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm approaching mid twenties, but still kinda struggle with girls. The most recent, she always intiates conversation, has called me attractive etc. But our conversations are so dead and boring. It just ends up being small talk.

and sometimes I want to initiate dirty talk to keep it exciting, but don't know how to without looking like a creep.

I've seen the same girl tagging a guy in memes that are relationship-ish but not explicitly (oh god I sound pathetic). Do I give up with this girl then? She still does message me, although I notice is less flirty (but still does a bit)

The best way to keep a conversation interesting, is to get the person to talk about themselves. People love talking about themselves, and they will instantly like you. +Bring in flirting stuff as this is a crush.

Also get talking about a common interest then it won't be boring, also make sure you touch her hand or arm. When appropriate
Reply 3

You need my help for example...

I'm a life coach / dating executive coach, feel free to PM me if you're interested to change your lifestyle and alpha with the women.
Just be brave, don't be scared of what ur gonna say. Also talk to her, how u would talk to one of ur mates. When the conversation is going really well and u get the vibe its slowly dying, just say u have to go, but end it with ttyl or something. Also only initiate dirty talk when she is....

Initiating talking dirty to a girl you've only just met is a really bad idea. At best you'll appear skeezy. At worst, a pervert who gets a criminal record for it.

You know girls are just human beings, don't you? Like boys, but with different bits. They don't need 'special' conversations or anything. Just talk to them like you'd talk to anyone else.
Reply 6
Original post by UWS
Then how do you talk to guys? Girls are the same in the sense that they like interesting and stimulating conversation. People like talking about themselves or sharing stories so maybe ask about some of her interests, if any of them align with yours then you can share an anecdote and talk about that, she may even give her own story too.

If you are running out of things to say over text, then ask her out. You don't want her to be your texting buddy. It's also much easier to talk in real life than via text.

Original post by SuperHuman98
The best way to keep a conversation interesting, is to get the person to talk about themselves. People love talking about themselves, and they will instantly like you. +Bring in flirting stuff as this is a crush.

Also get talking about a common interest then it won't be boring, also make sure you touch her hand or arm. When appropriate

Original post by Oblige
You need my help for example...

I'm a life coach / dating executive coach, feel free to PM me if you're interested to change your lifestyle and alpha with the women.

Original post by Ryanthom100
Just be brave, don't be scared of what ur gonna say. Also talk to her, how u would talk to one of ur mates. When the conversation is going really well and u get the vibe its slowly dying, just say u have to go, but end it with ttyl or something. Also only initiate dirty talk when she is....

Should I give up with this girl if she seems to be flirting with someone else like I said in my post? I just don't want to be an idiot wasting time.

Although she did call me attractive just this week :s-smilie:
Should I give up with this girl if she seems to be flirting with someone else like I said in my post? I just don't want to be an idiot wasting time.

Do what you want, but just don't put so much effort into one girl. Keep putting yourself out there and practicing/ ask her out so she can say no or yes

Naa don't give up yet, some girls are just like that for the bants, although listen to @UWS he's pretty good at giving advice for stuff like this lol.
Reply 9
Original post by SuperHuman98
Do what you want, but just don't put so much effort into one girl. Keep putting yourself out there and practicing/ ask her out so she can say no or yes

Naa don't give up yet, some girls are just like that for the bants, although listen to @UWS he's pretty good at giving advice for stuff like this lol.

Hmm that's fair. I mean she starts 95% of conversations, but I've been so busy so give very delayed replies.

I might try and put some effort in and see how it goes.

And your other advices are helpful, will take that on board. Thanks :smile:
Reply 10

Stop thinking about it too much and ask her out. If she's interested, she'll say yes.
Bump

Would like some extra input.
bruh, she starts 95% of conversations... in a lot of relationships that ain't even the case xD. Dint give up lol, just talk to her still, maaayyybbeee get brave and start being flirty.
get slightly tipsy and then talk to her.
bruh, she starts 95% of conversations... in a lot of relationships that ain't even the case xD. Dint give up lol, just talk to her still, maaayyybbeee get brave and start being flirty.

I'm just so unsure if she's got a bf or something now

Not sure how to initiate some flirting, I find it a bit awkward when I'm starting it :s-smilie:
Lol just have a funny convo, joke around a little, then flirt.
Mate.... u need to find a common ground with girls... fave movie..musical artist... etc..and chat with them about it.... and have some bants.. i am sure u have a sense of humour... use it!! Tease them.. have a joke... funny fact etc..
Reply 17
Bro you gotta man up and reach out to her if she ain’t buying it so what forget her and move on. Save yourself years of pain and embarrassment and reach out. Or just simply initiate in small talk… eg: How’s your day been? (Say you know one of her hobbies.) How was that football game last night? You just gotta try don’t just sit there and let her move on… You have some evidence that she likes you now you gotta use that to your advantage. (Now if you’ll excuse me my fingers are in need of rest from excessive typing.)

Latest

Trending

Trending