The Student Room Group

Is this a good bag for college/university?

Reply 1
Only 2 pockets
Uncomfortable straps
Does a laptop even fit in that?
Reply 2
Why spend £88 when you can get a better bag at 1/4 of the price
(edited 6 years ago)
You can find much better/more practical bags for much less money... you would not be able to put much in this before the straps broke, and it would be difficult to fit a laptop and books in it.

Sports direct have some great deals on Karrimor backpacks right now, which would probably last a bit longer... The one I ordered for 2nd year just arrived and I'm very happy with it. It's about £18 for a pretty large and sturdy one, and you may be able to find similar deals on amazon.
That thing is £88 and has only 1 logo on it? I got my bag for £20.
Reply 6
Original post by catrinana
You can find much better/more practical bags for much less money... you would not be able to put much in this before the straps broke, and it would be difficult to fit a laptop and books in it.

Sports direct have some great deals on Karrimor backpacks right now, which would probably last a bit longer... The one I ordered for 2nd year just arrived and I'm very happy with it. It's about £18 for a pretty large and sturdy one, and you may be able to find similar deals on amazon.

Karrimor don't look that good tbh. Do you think this is better: (it fits a 15" laptop) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Herschel-Supply-Company-Daypack-46-inch/dp/B00J7XAVCS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500637436&sr=8-2&keywords=herschel+pop+quiz
Reply 7
I swear everyone has that bag nowadays.

If you're looking more for a certain style of bag rather than how much it can fit/how long it will last, sure. I personally wouldn't pay that kind of price, but if you like the style then go for it.
It seems quite expensive for £88, I would recommend getting a cheaper bag for university.
Reply 10
What's with you choosing 10 pound bags for 50+?
Bit expensive. You can get better bags for cheaper and I'd go for cheaper since I'm on a budget
Reply 12

Omg I am in the same bind as your are....I'm considering this bag
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M8JXI4M/ref=wl_it_dp_v_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2D3P6TZHPICPI&coliid=I2CB11SRNG7XBC&psc=1

but I want it because of durability, its a reliable brand and I hope it lasts for ages... I had a kanken in oxblood like a crimson colour and it lasted sooo long like 3 years but it needs to be handled gently lol don't bang it on walls whilst rushing for classes like I did! I have a netbook and it fitted well
Personally, I wouldn't wear that cos I like side bags better and it's hella pricey for somewhere like school :/ I like the colour and it is nice. But then again what do I know? I dress like literal trash.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending