The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Are you allowed to skateboard to lectures?

Does anyone know if you're allowed to longboard/skateboard from your dorm to your lectures/classes? 😂

I've chosen Cartmel as my college but all my lectures and classes are pretty much on the other side of the bubble. I'm a fan of anything electric so my Boosted Board is one of my favorite ways of doing short journeys. I don't intend to do it everyday but does anyone know if you're allowed to use a skateboard to get to places?

Thanks,
Eric
Original post by TeslaLover69
Does anyone know if you're allowed to longboard/skateboard from your dorm to your lectures/classes? 😂

I've chosen Cartmel as my college but all my lectures and classes are pretty much on the other side of the bubble. I'm a fan of anything electric so my Boosted Board is one of my favorite ways of doing short journeys. I don't intend to do it everyday but does anyone know if you're allowed to use a skateboard to get to places?

Thanks,
Eric

You should contact the uni to see if theres a ban. They encourage cycling in terms of commuting
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sustainability/sustainability-practice/environmental-management/commuting-to-campus/cycling/

But you will need to see what the byelaws/ regulation are concerning on campus usage is. Normally its just to use common sense and not to be a nuisance when there are so many pedestrians about as you could cause an accident.

Maybe it comes under student services?
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/contact-and-getting-here/find-a-contact/
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Just use it. If it's against the rules I'm sure someone will stop you and ask you not to ride it there, that's the worst thing that will happen.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Just use it. If it's against the rules I'm sure someone will stop you and ask you not to ride it there, that's the worst thing that will happen.

Yeah but he wont be bringing it all the way from his home if its not allowed so hes basically asking if theres a point in him taking it with him

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's highly unlikely they'll actively enforce it if there is any kind of ban, but pretty much everyone (that doesn't skateboard or, profiling here a little, surf) will hate you and think you're an insufferable prick if you actually skateboard on campus between buildings and so on. So there's that...
Reply 5
Original post by TeslaLover69

Thanks,
Eric

The spine can get busy, so I would say YES, as long as you are willing to skateboard on lesser used routes.
Original post by 999tigger
You should contact the uni to see if theres a ban. They encourage cycling in terms of commuting
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sustainability/sustainability-practice/environmental-management/commuting-to-campus/cycling/

But you will need to see what the byelaws/ regulation are concerning on campus usage is. Normally its just to use common sense and not to be a nuisance when there are so many pedestrians about as you could cause an accident.

Maybe it comes under student services?
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/contact-and-getting-here/find-a-contact/

The daily commute to college is a tedious and exhausting task, and getting stuck in a traffic jam is even more tiresome. More and more college students nowadays are using Longboards to move around the campus to save time and energy. These boards make daily commuting fast and easy for students, and helps them to concentrate more on studies and other important activities. On top of that, they’re comparatively cheap as well as easy to carry around the campus.
Do you love skating so much that you’d do it every day?

Original post by username3462046

Thanks,
Eric
You could probably put it outside the hall/ at the back or sides
I would say no on the spine, its too busy. But the road route from cartmel, onto south west drive. On the left of the road theres car parking spaces, but on the right theres a path going infront of the grizedale townhouses which is less busy. The path continues past the management school, LEC, the Ruskin, the Chaplaincy all the way to county.
Come second year if you end up living off campus you will be using the bus which stops at different parts of campus and the underpass.

Latest

Trending

Trending