The Student Room Group

Been crushing for a year, help

So basically, there's this guy in my year who is (as they would say on love island :wink: ) 100% my type on paper. He has every quality I like in a guy:
-Intelligent
-Sporty
-In good shape
-Quiet
-Not popular but not unpopular, kinda in the middle
-Funny
However, I know he doesn't like me. I've tried to get his attention, but he just isn't interested in me, but I'm pretty sure I fancies another girl in my year, which is fair enough because honestly they're just exactly the same; they're both amazing at maths; she's really pretty and she's very very sporty like him.
I mean, I consider myself to be quite intelligent and not bad looking (i can say what I want without looking big headed because I'm posting anonymously :biggrin:) but I just know he doesn't like me at all.
I barely know him and i csmt even talk to him now because I asked one of his good friends about him, and also I think he's kinda picked up on the fact I like him. A lot.
I've liked him for over a year now, and even when I was with my previous boyfriend, I still fancied this guy. I just don't know what to do. I think I'm in love?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just tell him, you'll never truly know he does/doesn't like you until you're up front with him.
If u can, try to start talking to him on social media, but as friends, dont show any intentions, just try your hardest to show why your better than this other girl (in a non weird way lol). If it goes well, then ask if he'd like to go the movies or something.
How old r u?
Reply 4
Tell him. Send him a message, "lets hang out".

If you don't GAME OVER. Someone else will take him away, and theres nothing you can do about it.

We don't live in a fantasy world, when you want something you go and get it
I'm a lad, and was exact same with fancying a girl. Finally asked yesterday, it was a no :frown: Still, I'm happy to atleast have a form of 'closure'. I'd go for it if I were you
Original post by Anonymous
So basically, there's this guy in my year who is (as they would say on love island :wink: ) 100% my type on paper. He has every quality I like in a guy:
-Intelligent
-Sporty
-In good shape
-Quiet
-Funny
However, I know he doesn't like me. I've tried to get his attention, but he just isn't interested in me, but I'm pretty sure I fancies another girl in my year, which is fair enough because honestly they're just exactly the same; they're both amazing at maths; she's really pretty and she's very very sporty like him.
I mean, I consider myself to be quite intelligent and not bad looking (i can say what I want without looking big headed because I'm posting anonymously :biggrin:) but I just know he doesn't like me at all.
I barely know him and i csmt even talk to him now because I asked one of his good friends about him, and also I think he's kinda picked up on the fact I like him. A lot.
I've liked him for over a year now, and even when I was with my previous boyfriend, I still fancied this guy. I just don't know what to do. I think I'm in love?

Has he had a girlfriend before...?
X

It really depends on what year you're in. It might be worthwhile telling him you like him if there's a chance it won't be held against you. I think you'll have to get to know him more before you can make a judgement. Maybe try talking to him; if all else fails you should really try to move on or perhaps not pay much attention to it - especially if he evidently likes another girls and if they're dating because usually that's a point where there's not turning back lol.
-Intelligent
-Sporty
-In good shape
-Quiet
-Funny

This is so sweet :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
Just tell him, you'll never truly know he does/doesn't like you until you're up front with him.

Might ask him next summer because he's going to a different 6th form, however in that space of time another girl could come along, or he could ask out the girl I talked about
Original post by Ryanthom100
If u can, try to start talking to him on social media, but as friends, dont show any intentions, just try your hardest to show why your better than this other girl (in a non weird way lol). If it goes well, then ask if he'd like to go the movies or something.

We're in french class together, so I've tried conversing about that on Snapchat - and it all went smoothly and we ad some 'banter', but now he kinda knows I like him, he never wants to talk anymore :/
Original post by mrwb9876
I'm a lad, and was exact same with fancying a girl. Finally asked yesterday, it was a no :frown: Still, I'm happy to atleast have a form of 'closure'. I'd go for it if I were you

Aw I'm so sorry:frown: And yeah, I suppose it's a good form of closure
Original post by ckfeister
Has he had a girlfriend before...?

Nope
Original post by Reality Check
This is so sweet :smile:

I'm blushing :colondollar:
Original post by Emerald7770
How old r u?

I'm in year 11
We're in french class together, so I've tried conversing about that on Snapchat - and it all went smoothly and we ad some 'banter', but now he kinda knows I like him, he never wants to talk anymore :/

Well if u have him on snapchat, just do small talk, like hows your week been then? If he doesn't seem interested it's his loss.
I'm blushing :colondollar:

Do me a favour. If you do ask, and he does say yes, will you post back to say? This will be the loveliest story of the week :smile:
Original post by Reality Check
Do me a favour. If you do ask, and he does say yes, will you post back to say? This will be the loveliest story of the week :smile:

Hahaha of course:biggrin: I'm not gonna ask him though, I really can't - it'd be sooo awkward at school because we're in a lot of classes together, I've just never really had th chance to speak to him :/
Original post by Ryanthom100
Well if u have him on snapchat, just do small talk, like hows your week been then? If he doesn't seem interested it's his loss.

I've tried that many a times, even with the help of my friend who I call 'love wizard' because she always knows what to say:biggrin::s-smilie: I feel like I either need to act upon it or get some sort of closure. I know it sounds cringey, but he's all I think about - I just csmt get him off my mind!
Hahaha of course:biggrin: I'm not gonna ask him though, I really can't - it'd be sooo awkward at school because we're in a lot of classes together, I've just never really had th chance to speak to him :/

:shock: But you simply must ask him! He might say yes! And the only way of knowing that is to ask him..

Go on...say you will :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending