The Student Room Group

GIRLS: Do you feel pressured to be thinner?

Scroll to see replies

nope , im underweight and unhealthy as frick but,like, i eat alot of food and quite a lot of unhealthy stuff ttoo?? i think its something in the family bc my one cousin is also skinny and so's my sister dad and little brother...high metabolism maybe? or something else, we just don't really put on a lot of weight.

though i suppose if i was getting fatter then id feel pressured to lose weight because personally i'd feel better about myself if i wasn't overweight or chubby. although there's this 'fat acceptance' thing everyone's being forced to accept so maybe if i was fat then i wouldn't be pressured? i find fat acceptance a bit stupid considering that some people could actually change being overweight (obv not the people with health conditions, that's not really something they can change)

but yeah, no at the moment
Original post by GreekTea
You not fat, you thic. Thas all goodness.

Lool nah I'm acc just fat and it's ok :wink:
Reply 22
How is it the same for guys? If anything it's the opposite. I feel skinny af :s-smilie:
Nope.

But that might be because I'm size 6 and just over 8 stone.
Original post by butfirst_coffee
Nope. I rarely like doing what I'm told. What's the fun in that.

I appreciate Victoria secret body type but it's not happening ^-^

You don't need the victoria secret body type :lovehug:

And I found this :koala: :h:
British girls are the fattest in Europe, so they rightly should feel pressured
Reply 26
You were 115 pounds ?! How tall are you?
Mad GAINZ
Original post by Xopher_
You don't need the victoria secret body type :lovehug:

And I found this :koala: :h:

Aww babe :colondollar:

Hahahahahaha that's me! Look how unfazed that koala looks

Unfazed by beauty standards!
Honestly yes and ever since i got into kpop it's become worse but the thing is i'm already thin but have hidden belly fat and muffin top that i want to get rid of i'm close to being under weight and i've tried all sorts of diets from danish diet, water diet, starving myself diet etc and the belly fat sort of went away but the muffin top fat is still here that's why i've started going swimming.

But yes even though throughout my life i was stick thin it was only until year 11 where i started gaining weight but i used to be one of those stick thin people who ate loads of junk food and now i just want to get rid of unwanted fat in certain parts of my body seeing celebrities and models with such nice figures makes me motivated to become like them even though i know i shouldn't. I'm 5'8 and i'm 59kg btw
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by emerald7770
tbh i'm a fat ass bish but guess wot? Badada im lurvin it :wink:

but i don't love the sound of heart attacks :frown: so i must diet. But being fat has its advantages so y should i give a damn what boys think? My fat doesn't effect my personality smh

oitnb tastieeee yasss
You only feel as pressured as you let yourself feel ~ I'm 5'2 and a size 8 and I'm perfectly happy with my body :u:
Reply 32
Jeez man I appreciate the mad gains
Yes. I feel so pressured coz everywhere i see thin beautiful women in bikinis and i look at myself and think i dont have THAT i want that body... why dont i have that body... i need to be thin.. so i went vegan... for two months.. and exrrcised a lot... didnt work... i am not overweight or fat just a healthy weight but i dont have the body of those bikini models
:redface: that's impressive, how long did it take?
I feel pressure for being a bit bigger rather than thinner now that Kim Kardashian is trendy, but don't really care.
Original post by GreekTea

Tbh i've never been seen as "fat' . But my friends which are larger than the average girl have definitely told me about the pressures of weight loss for them.
Original post by lmaooome
oitnb tastieeee yasss

Love her
Original post by Emerald7770
Love her

"they done our girl wrong, Mr Caputo"
that shi* lowkey had me tearing up tbh
Original post by hamzakalinle
"they done our girl wrong, Mr Caputo"
that shi* lowkey had me tearing up tbh

*highkey

Quick Reply