The Student Room Group

Doing 4 a levels, 3 in school and 1 privately

What happens if your doing an a level subject privately and doing the exam at a centre and doing 3 a levels at school ( situation im in ) - who writes the reference for the subject thats taken privately - with predicted grade, can the person be from the centre ( but this is not a teacher). -
Original post by joseph9299
What happens if your doing an a level subject privately and doing the exam at a centre and doing 3 a levels at school ( situation im in ) - who writes the reference for the subject thats taken privately - with predicted grade, can the person be from the centre ( but this is not a teacher). -

Exam centres are normally just places to take exams.
You only need one reference and imo that would be the school.
You could get your referee to mention the other A level although he would have to phrase it carefully about any predicted grade as it wouldnt be them suggesting it.
I did that. I took an extra AS level alongside my A2s for more UCAS points as I got a U in a different AS level when I took them first time. I paid and sat this exam in a private school whereas my A2s were done in my regular sixth form.

You tell your school what you're doing and they'll predict you a grade. They'll base it off your other subjects. As they aren't teaching you it they will predict something safe like a B. That's what mine did anyway (I got an A so yay).
Reply 3
Hey, so I'm a currently in Year 12 and I'm in the same situation. I'm doing three A-Levels in school which are Literature, Psychology and History. I want to take Biology as an extra subject privately. How have you self studied yourself to get an A if you don't mind answering? I want to take Biology as I want to pursue a career in Diagnostic Radiography. Any replies would be useful thanks.
Reply 4
I've moved this thread to the A-levels forum :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest