The Student Room Group

Going to clubs/malls alone?

So I'm back from uni and have pretty much lost contact with most of my friends at School. Would it be weird going to clubs and/or malls on your own as a guy (obvs to meet new people). Would I look odd if I just walked into a clubs looking at everyone on my own trying to create friends? Would it be creepy? What about going to malls? I could go to clubs on my own in uni but that's just because I know most people in the clubs anyways so I can literally join a group of people I know but would going to clubs where you literally know no one there be a nono?
It all really depends on how you go about it. If you awkwardly stumble into conversations, then most people will find it off-putting. However, it could work if you're charming, polite and able to initiate casual, relaxed conversations.
I don't think clubs let you in if you're on your own
Reply 3
Original post by AndrewSCO

You sure? If not, that's fine
What would you do to meet new people in a mall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never heard of that or seen it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
You sure? If not, that's fine

Definitely heard cases of that before. I'm not sure if it's more girls they don't like going in alone
Reply 7
Original post by YaliaV
What would you do to meet new people in a mall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No for malls I meant is it weird to just go in their on your own, not to make friends
Original post by Anonymous
No for malls I meant is it weird to just go in their on your own, not to make friends

No, it isn't weird. I have gone for meals by myself and I go to the cinema by myself. At a mall, nobody will even notice or care. I know someone who goes to a club by himself, but he's very outgoing and I'm not. Do what makes you happy

Do you live in North Korea?
Original post by YaliaV
I've never heard of that or seen it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Mad Sounds
Do you live in North Korea?

I don't know maybe I'm wrong, definitely heard of it happening before maybe those were just random cases.
It's weird.
Join the tourists on pub crawls where they all congregate in one area and set off together. And I go to malls all the time on my own bc I hate waiting for other people to shop- get what ou need and get out :biggrin:
No, you're being too self conscientious, no one will really care that you are at a mall unaccompanied or entered a club by yourself

be free
Who needs friends

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending