The Student Room Group

5 teens post video to Facebook of them mocking a relative as he drowns

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Whiskey&Freedom
Natural selection.

A cynical and insensitive statement.
OMG that's so sad :cry2: but that's the sad world we live in, I guess...
Reply 3
I'm guessing the silly morons were gon' post a thread about how they didn't help him right here on TSR :sad:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by IamJacksContempt
You should have died at birth in that case.

Reported.
Dw the video is unclear af.
All you can see of the guy is his black hair :cry2:
that is fuc**** disgusting. This world we live has suddenly resulted everyone to see themselves superior (ofc not everyone). RIP to the man he died in such a distressful way and as scientists have said those who die in lakes profoundly suffer greater than those who die in oceans or seas because of the concentration of salt being lower. Those people should never rest without feeling guilt for the rest of the life. SMh
Disgusting.
I can't believe anyone would do that :cry:
One of the guys was feeling guilty about it and really wanted to do something, but peer pressure is a b***h I guess. Sick people.
This is disgusting, makes me sick people like this actually exist.
It's rather sickening but the authorities are right here. Individuals have no duty to intervene.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Authorities in Florida say that a group of teens ages 14 to 16 broke no laws when they recorded a video of them laughing while they watched a 32-year-old disabled man drown in a nearby pond. The horrible footage was filmed just after noon on July 9 in Cocoa, Florida. Jamel Dunn is heard screaming for help in the final moments of his life as he struggles to keep his body afloat in the water.

There are only 10 US States that have "Duty to Rescue/Report" laws. Florida is one of them, but it only requires people to report witness to sexual battery. Most other states only require action if a crime is being committed. The only states that would require the teens to act in a situation like in the video are Minnesota and Vermont.

Video:
[video="youtube;e3zD_Y2sGqY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3zD_Y2sGqY[/video]

http://nypost.com/2017/07/20/oh-he-just-died-disturbing-video-shows-teens-mocking-drowning-man/

I have no words for how disgusting the teenagers acted, not feeling adequate enough to attempt a rescue is one thing, but callously mocking him is just a whole other level of evil
Original post by Mathemagicien
Don't put race into this, most black people find this horrifying too, the guys doing this are completely not representative.

OMG I'm sorry. I never meant to bring race into this. I didn't even pay attention to who might be filming. Now that I come to think of it, you're right. It sounds wrong. I'll edit that :redface:
Jeez...Social media really brings out the dregs of society. Yes there may not be a law in place saying they have to intervene (plus it may have been dangerous for them to), but not calling for help (they must have seen the whole scene evolving) and actually filming it and laughing? Disgusting perps.
Stupid crazy idiots who thought they'd shower themselves with fame once positing the video. Shame on them. They're disgusting and inhumane, I can't believe such people exist. Pathetic.
I have no words.........I hate people

**** them I sincerely hope they are cursed with misfortunes their entire life...
This is the world we live in.
I can see why they elected Trump now smh
They will get the worst karma of their life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending